Rentals in Cleveland>Question Details

pelli@hotmai…, Renter in Cleveland, TN

How can I find out if the house I want to rent is in foreclosure? Any website where to check it? Thanks

Asked by pelli@hotmail.com, Cleveland, TN Wed May 11, 2011

I am in the process of renting a house in Cleveland, TN but with so many foreclosures going on around I am little scared renting a home which is already listed as a foreclosure. Is there any website where to check it from? thank you for any help

Answers

2
Matthew Mucciolo’s answer
The quickest way to find out if a home you are about to rent is going in to foreclosure or is already in foreclosure is to ask your real estate agent. They have the resources to find out this information for you. You can also check the newspaper as it is law in the state of Tennessee for the newspaper to post any property going in to foreclosure starting six weeks in advance of it being sold at the courtroom steps.
Don't rent a foreclosure. You have no more right to possession than the owner of the property. When the bank comes along to take possession of the property, you will be locked out, and if you are lucky, your possessions WON'T be at the curb. If the seller can't make his mortgage payments, what makes you think that he will handle needed repairs for a renter?