Rentals in New York>Question Details

Yiema  John, Home Buyer in New York, NY

How can I avoid annoying scammers and find a reasonably priced apartment for one in NYC/BK/LIC?

Asked by Yiema John, New York, NY Wed Jul 17, 2013

I am currently beginning the hunt for my first apartment in Manhattan, as well as Brooklyn and Long Island City. The apartments that I fall in love with are always scammers or in very unsafe areas. What are my options for finding a great first place?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in New York

Answers

6
Please contact me. My name is Tanuja and I would be happy to assist you in your search. I have some nice apartments that you can see right away. I can be reached at 347-882-0353. Thank you and good luck.
You are right, Princess-yiema, that there are a lot of rental scams out there. I would recommend you work with a skilled agent of a reputable real estate firm. You will pay a fee, but your interests will be protected.
Find a Realtor who will represent your best interests.

To avoid scammers, bad listings, and wasting your time in general, why not work with a licensed broker. I can help you find a legitimate a rental or purchase in the neighborhood that you want. I have a couple of rental listings in Park Slope, Long Island City, and the upper east side right now. Feel free to contact me and I will send you listings that fit your criteria. Good luck.

_________________________
Yul Park
Senior Vice President
_________________________
RES Sales and Marketing Corp
320 West 37th Street, Suite 301
New York, NY 10018
Fax: 646-537-2626
Web: http://www.RESnewyork.com
The best thing to do is go to a great brokerage office and don't rely on web based ads without real address or prices you already know are too good to be true.
Find a broker you are comfortable with and be very up front about what you want and what your budget is.
Inventory is very low now so apts move fast. You need to put yourself in a position to make a quick decision when you see something so you need to have necessary paperwork together. I'll be happy to discuss if you want to call me at 646-201-9395.