Rentals in Philadelphia>Question Details

Marcelo, Renter in Philadelphia, PA

Home for rent.

Asked by Marcelo, Philadelphia, PA Wed Nov 2, 2011

I write to you from Brazil. On next December I will go to Philadelphia for a doctorate student internship, that will last 4 months. My husband and daughters are coming with me. I would like to know if you could help me to find an apartment to stay with my family, from December to march. I need a place with two bedrooms. One bathroom would be enough. It must be furnitured, preferently with wash and dry machine. My fundings would allow me to spend something between U$ 900 and U$1.200.
The localization is something important. My professor (Temple University) suggests me to look for a place in the north of the city , where, as she says, there are good schools and plentiful public transportation. She mentioned one set of neighborhoods: Elkins Park/Jenkintown/Glenside. A point that concerns me very much is the schools for my children. So, I wonder if you could check which are the scholls (for my 13 years old daughter), and high schools (for my 17 years old dayughter) near the places you co

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Marcelo,

I agree with the other answers. You should find a local Realtor to help you. I am a Temple University graduate (Alumni) and manage many properties in the Temple University area. With your maximum budget of $1200 per month, it will be difficult to find a 2 Bedroom home in the suburban areas you mention.

Another alternative may be to live in the City limits and send your children to a good Charter School. There are many options in various neighborhoods of Philadelphia. Please feel free to call me to discuss your preferences and needs. After we speak, I can start to send you the appropriate listings that may meet your needs. Have a great day. Ciao!

All the best,
Larry Lichtman
REALTOR, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
Cell/Text: (267) 254-7994
You can also send me an e-mail through Trulia.
Web Reference:
2 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 3, 2011
I agree with the Marie Souza Team. You should look up some real estate companys on the internet that work out of philly and contact one of them directly using a phone number that you get from their website.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 2, 2011
Hello, Marcello!

I am a licensed Realtor, and my agency is located in Northwest Philadelphia. We sell and rent houses and apartments in this area and in the specific areas you are seeking. (In fact, I do live in Elkins Park.) I would be very happy to help you. I should caution you that there are not many rentals in these areas within the price range you want, but we can certainly try! Please contact me by phone or email, and we can work from there.

Marilyn Silberstein
Elfant Wissahickon Realtors
(215) 859-1749
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 2, 2011
Marcelo - Please be careful while trying to find a rental online,l there are LOTS of scams out there. It may be best to contact a lcoal agent directly.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 2, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer