Rentals in 95401>Question Details

sworddaze, Renter in Santa Rosa, CA

Home I am renting is being put up for sale and I had to rush to find another place to live that accepts dogs.

Asked by sworddaze, Santa Rosa, CA Thu Jun 6, 2013

I found another place that would take me immediately, but now I have to figure out how to pay rent this month in two locations. Or do I have to pay for place I am vacating when do to a unexpected sale?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 95401

Answers

1
Sad reality of contract law (in my experience) is that the renter is still bound to honor the provisions in their current lease until they move out. That means you are to pay for your current place until you give 30 days noticed to vacate in writing, and move out. The owner has two weeks to give you an itemized accounting and any deposit monies back. You can also request a pre-move out inspection in the presence of your landlord to make sure you and the owner are on the same page re: any damage or clean up that needs to occur when you move out. Everything I wrote is broud and your lease may spell out different terms. I would suggest refreshing your self with the terms before deciding you to move forward. Good luck with the move.