Rentals in San Diego>Question Details

Fabien, Other/Just Looking in San Diego, CA

Hi, we're foreigner and want to moove in San diego with young children (3 and 5). We love the beaches!!! A safe area will be very

Asked by Fabien, San Diego, CA Sun May 9, 2010

appreciate!!!!!! Tha

Answers

9
Hi, Fabien,
As some agents have mentioned before, it all comes down to your price point.
San Diego is mostly safe, comparing to other cities, especially long the coastline.
For a family, I'd recommend La Jolla, Del Mar, Solana beach, or maybe even some areas of PB and OB, where prices are more affordable.
If you are looking to rent, you can browse Craigslist.org first so you can get the idea of what you can get for your money here or go directly to the real estate office and get a list of properties for rent.
Either way, good luck in your search, and
give me a call if I can be of any assistance to you,

Cheers,
Khrystyna Chorna
Prudential Calfiornia Realty
619.808.7064
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 10, 2010
Hi Fabien,

In addition to the beach communities that are safe and desirable (Coronado, La Jolla, North Pacific Beach, Del Mar, Carmel Valley (east Del Mar, not coastal but GREAT family community with newer construction and various price ranges), Solana Beach, Cardiff, Encinitas, and Carlsbad, http://www.greatschools.org is a valuable site for researching school districts that will be of interest to you in your search.
All of the above mentioned towns are all unique and have great offerings when it comes to community based activities (top of the line libraries, YMCA's, childrens recreation (ie skate parks, etc), and lots of fun for parents too!), as well as fabulous main street downtown areas with of course, beautiful beaches. You can search by map and that way see what price point is garnered in each area. Rule of thumb is closer to the coast has a higher price tag but a) it's worth it and b) you can always choose a neighborhood just a bit inland but still desirable and a 10 minute drive (for example, Carmel Valley).
Let me know if I can provide any additional information and best of luck in your search and relocation, you won't regret moving to San Diego!
~Jill Wheeler, Willis Allen Real Estate
1424 Camino Del Mar
Del Mar, CA 92014
858-353-2639
jill@willisallen.com
Web Reference: http://www.greatschools.org
Many of our beaches communities are safe. Have you visited San Diego before? If so, what areas have you found to be most comfortable for you and your family. There are other considerations: the size and price of the property you are looking for; how long are you planning on stayin and will schools be a consideration, etc. Are you looking to rent, or purchase?
Anne Gold
Century 21 Award
(858) 444-2430
Web Reference: http://www.AnneGold.com
Hello Fabien,

I have been all over the world and there are many great places, but San Diego is definitely America's Finest City for a reason and a place you'd be proud to call home. With over 70 miles of Pacific Ocean coastline and some of the best beaches in the United States, you will find many safe communities here. The question then becomes what your price point is as there can be quite a disparity in pricing among the different beach communities. I always encourage people to move here and I don't think you'll be disappointed. For further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at 858-997-3704 or chad@chadbasinger.com.

Best of luck,

Chad Basinger
Hi Fabien,

First, congratulations on your decision to move to beautiful San Diego. There are many wonderful safe beach communities here (La Jolla, Del Mar, Pacific Beach), for guidance in finding the perfect fit just e-mail tisharocha@hotmail.com.
We are a Mother & Daughter team. I have been in the business over 30 years and know where you would like and how to find it. Thanks, Dana & Eva 888-408-4888
Hi Fabien,

As a licensed Realtor I'm happy to help. There are several affordable beach communities in San Diego that are both safe and have wonderful schools. Please feel free to contact me direct to discuss your options.

Katrina Hamilton
Direct: 858-405-4407
Web Reference: http://www.downtownreos.com
La Jolla. This is the safest.
You should contact the police department of the area you want to move to for up to date crime stats. You can probably view them online. What is safe to one person might not be to another, so you should determine that for yourself. If you need a referral for a real estate agent there, I can help put you in contact with a Realtor. Best of luck in your big move!