Rentals in Victory>Question Details

saugpope, Renter in Blaine, MN

Hi my name sandy and I I would like to no do you take sec 8

Asked by saugpope, Blaine, MN Sat Nov 2, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Victory

Answers

1
Sandy,

Hi, my name is Mike. I guessed from your question that you are hoping to rent a residential property somewhere, but I can't tell from your question which property you might be interested in. What's the address?

Some property owners accept Section 8 while others do not. Those who choose not to are not necessarily discriminating, horrible people. From the perspective of a property owner, the section 8 program isn't all that great. While it does guarantee payment of rent, the rent often comes in at a time during the month that is past the due date for the property owners mortgage payment. Also, if a section 8 tenant does serious damage to a property, the property owner can be left with some very expensive repairs that significantly exceed any damage/security deposit that may have been paid. Normally, the property owner would sue the tenant for those damages, but if a tenant qualifies for section 8, a judgement is nearly worthless. Some property owners are willing to accept that risk, while others choose not to.

If you click on my photo, you'll get my contact information. I'll need the property address, and I'll try to help.

~mike
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013