Rentals in Houston>Question Details

Suzette Bras…, Renter in Houston, TX

Hi my children and I are relocation to the Houston area very soon, we are basically leaving everything behind except clothing to start a new life.

Asked by Suzette Brashear, Houston, TX Thu Jun 20, 2013

Because I have children safety and schools are number one priority, I was told AISD is a very good school district, I also have a child who has a learning disability, and I would like to be in an area where there's schools which he can benefit from. My children range in ages 20, 15, and 11...never in life have we ever relocated outside of Louisiana. We need a 3br/2bath, and something that can possibly be approved for section 8 or some form of housing program. We are escaping an abusive situation and starting over is very important to us. I would really appreciate any assistance or advice someone can offer...I was also told that if we wanted to reside outside the hustle and bustle of a big city I should look in the Spring area, my concern/question would be, would my children be able to attend school through AISD. I thank you all in advance for your assistance. God Bless

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Houston

Answers

3
I concur with Kathy & really appreciate her comments. As a single mom, I would also suggest you consider the location of your new support system, or finding one here, in determining where you want to live & educate your children. Transportation is another consideration if you need to be on a bus line & you have a housing voucher that combination typically does not work for suburban living in the Houston area because suburban bus service is limited. If you have reliable transportation you are 1 step ahead of the game. Your courage is commendable. Let me know if I can help. 832-731-6662.

May God continue to bless & keep you & your family.

Robin
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 21, 2013
Hi Ms. Robin, I want to say thank you so much, this means a lot for you and Ms. Kathy for offering your assistance, I normally don't ask questions or seek assistance because I feel like a failure, and just from the two responses I received from you guys I actually feel there's hope, there's still a chance at starting a new life, and I will definitely be in touch I can't thank you enough for offering your assistance, We (my kids and I) thank you :-)
Flag Sat Jun 22, 2013
Moving to a new life can be exciting and scary all at the same time, Especially when you are moving with children. I am at teacher, as well as a Realtor, in Aldine ISD. In addition, I live in Spring ISD where my own children attend school. There are 24 school districts in Harris County alone and picking and choosing where to live, while taking this into consideration is quite a daunting task. I would love to help you make a decision that is right for you and for your children. Please feel free to contact me if you feel I could assist you in you in finding your new home.

Kathy Ellis
Keller Williams Realty Professionals
8101 Cypresswood Drive
Spring, TX 77379
281-620-0714
kathy@kathyellisrealtor.com
http://www.kathyellisrealtor.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 21, 2013
Hello Suzette,

I just wanted to let you know that I will be very happy to help you with your move. I realize that Robin and Kathy have also extended their help, but I wanted you to know that I am available as well.

I wish you all the best in your new start here in Houston, and please feel free to call on me any time.

Persis
persis.realtor@gmail.com
713-294-7747