Rentals in Columbus>Question Details

Wcharacter, Renter in Butler, GA

Hi everyone my question is. I recently chapter 13 and I wanted to know if could still rent an apartment or house. The reason I would like to move is

Asked by Wcharacter, Butler, GA Tue Oct 1, 2013

to be closer to my job which I've been there for 7 years. I would like to know if there are any options.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Columbus

Answers

2
Anthony Dooley’s answer
You could find a homeowner who is renting out their own property. They may or may not consider your chapter 13 in their decision to rent to you. During the application and interview process, I recommend you tell them up front so there are no surprises.

Some private landlords do not run a credit check, but almost all commercially run apartment complexes do. That would make it difficult to rent an apartment.
Most Property Managers will take many things into consideration when they are pre qualifying a tenant.
#1 Finances and credit score
#2 Background Check
#3 Work record (calling past and present bosses)

Since the economic crisis, many have had their credit and finances affected negatively so that cannot be the only criteria that we use in order to qualify tenants.