Rentals in Bronx>Question Details

Jay Brown, Renter in Bronx, NY

Hi, My sister & I are newly independent looking for a 1br, flexible 2br maximum rent 1200 Credit not too good, looking to move ASAP! Plz help!

Asked by Jay Brown, Bronx, NY Thu Sep 26, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Bronx

Answers

7
Charase,

Our office has a fantastic rental team that would be able to help your needs directly. Feel free to give our office a call between 9:30 and 7Pm and they will be able to set you up with an agent, you can also contact me directly as I would also be able to help you out with your renting needs. Best of luck!

Antonio Sanchez
Exit Realty Search
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
3928 E. Tremont Avenue
CELL: 347-320-0673
FAX:    347-202-4966

antonio@exitrealtysearch.com
http://www.lovingmytown.com
my name is Angelo Gonzalez and I'm the rental specialist in the BRONX! I have studios/1BR/2BR/3BR available. When I mean I have, I mean, I have the most desirable apartments!
All are centrally located and are modern. Some have fireplaces/balconies/backyards/stainless steel appliances/duplex. Call me 347-961-5394 or log on my website to view http://www.angelogonzalez.org
Good morning Charese,

Please accept my advice as I hope it will prove helpful to you and your sister. I’m no real estate agent, just a humble Mortgage Banker, but I can give you some guidance on your search for the right rental apartment.

In my experience in the real estate trade, I’ve discovered that the consumer is best served by adopting some simple strategies, whether you’re buying a home, selling one, or renting an apartment.

First: remember that real estate agents work on commission. The better quality agents---and those with the most experience---will be testing you from the initial contact to determine if you’re serious and will commit to using their services. Why? Because real estate is like any other business; you don’t sit at a table in a restaurant to read the menu without actually buying food at some point. It’s the same concept: the experienced real estate professional has to earn a living by renting apartments to serious and qualified prospective renters.

Therefore, the smart consumer should be well-prepared and committed to respecting the real estate professional’s time. Prepare yourself with three fundamentals: amenities, location, and price.

Know your requirements for the apartment you wish to rent in terms of amenities (one bedroom versus three bedrooms; elevator building or private house), location (proximity to public transportation or need for parking), and price. If you present yourself as well-prepared you’ll have a better chance of working with an experienced agent who will work hard to find you the right apartment.

Second, start with the internet---especially TRULIA.com---but stay “local.” Don’t think a real estate agent in Brooklyn can find you an apartment in Queens, or vice versa. Here on TRULIA.com you can easily find a local professional by clicking on “FIND an AGENT” at the top of this page. There you can hone in on a seasoned professional in exactly the area where you wish to rent your apartment. TRULIA provides exceptional tools to help you as a consumer understand the quality of the professional you’re working with. Read the agent’s profile; check out the recommendations from previous clients; get to know the level of experience of the agent and the areas that agent covers.

Third, real estate agents are prevented by Federal regulations from answering certain types of questions. They cannot discuss schools or school districts, crime statistics, and a variety of other issues prohibited by Fair Housing regulations. If your agent is vague when you ask certain types of questions, now you know why.

Finally, demonstrate your level of seriousness to your real estate agent. Show up on time for your appointments to view apartments. If you’re required to submit documents for the Landlord to review with your rental application, get them into your agent’s hands pronto. Not only does this help you potentially get one step ahead of a competing renter, but you’ll be viewed by the Landlord as a responsible renter. Landlords prefer responsible renters, don’t they?

I hope that helps you improve the results of your search for an apartment, and helps you with a better quality experience.

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
1010 Northern Blvd. Suite 234
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
i do have a 1 bedroom on east 194th st. walk up $1050. bad credit is ok as long you have prove of income. call me monday asap.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 28, 2013
Charese,

Work with a professional that will accommodate you and look for apartments within your criteria and qualifications.

Its not impossible but will take effort and skills. Management companies are very strict and some landlords too. You might have to pay an additional deposit it just shows good faith. Also start working on repairing your credit.

As housing prices are creeping up, you should set yourself up in the future to purchase something. Its just a no brainer.

Our office has an extensive rental department please call 347-202-4965 or 718-892-9300. We are open 7 days a week with flexible hours. Our agents are highly trained and motivated to help you with your Search!

Best of Luck!

Millie Valentin
Certified Buyer Representative, Sales Specialist
Exit Realty Search
3928 E. Tremont Avenue
Bronx, NY 10465
http://www.ExitRealtySearch.us

** If your liked my answer please give me ** BEST ANSWER ** or ** THUMBS UP **!
Web Reference: http://throgsneckhomes.com
As for the credit issue, much will depend on the landlord/building, each is different; however you can consider being upfront regarding your credit; be prepared to show proof of employment/pay stubs; possibly pre-pay some of the rent; possibly offer extra security; have some reference letters handy; consider a guarantor, etc.; also consider working with an agent....
I need to establish you income in order to better see how I can assist you. I have various 1 bedroom apartments within that budget that can be flexible with your credit situation. Feel free to give me a call so that we can discuss these options.

Supreme Realty Services Inc.
1414 Zerega Avenue
Bronx, NY 10462
Cell (646) 339-4629
Tel. (718) 239-2676
Fax (718) 239-0965
Email: miguelabreu@supremerealtyservice.com