Rentals in Winter Haven>Question Details

Ruth Q, Renter in Winter Haven, FL

Hi , My family and I are thinking of relocating to Winter Haven from Davie, Fl. but sometime in February of next year. Do you recommend start now?

Asked by Ruth Q, Winter Haven, FL Mon Nov 4, 2013

Answers

7
I currently reside in Winter Haven, resided in Margate for about two years, and my grandparents live in Davie, so I am familiar with that area as well. For your own sanity, and that of your family's - particularly if you have children - I would recommend not living in Winter Haven (or anywhere in Polk County) at all. It is void of character and diversity, people with common sense, and law enforcement is worse than in West Palm Beach. If you are mildly retarded, or just enjoy feeling like Sheldon from "Big Bang Theory" amongst the townsfolk, then anywhere in Polk County would be right up your alley. Otherwise, stay put, leave the state, or if you're incredibly intelligent, leave the country.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 24, 2014
A great first step is to get a pre-approved loan amount so you know what price range to search for. I would be happy to help you with financing if you aren't already linked up with a lender...

Andy Wood
727-10-9663
awood@titanhl.com
http://www.titanhl.com
It's a great idea to start your research now, so you can familiarize yourself with neighborhoods and current market prices. If selling a home here in Davie, you may want to begin that process now since it takes some time to sell and close on a sale. In addition, the holidays do limit the buyers out there; however, those looking at that time can be considered highly motivated buyers.

If you would like any information on selling in Davie, feel free to contact me. 954-675-9997.

Wishing you luck in your move,

Beth Nathanson PA
Opening Doors for People Like You
Keyes
954-675-9997
Ruth, I agree that you need to start your process now. Traditionally, between the new year and the Super Bowl, new listings are at the higher end of activity. I suggest you take a one or two day trip to the area to get a feel. Questions such as children's ages(schools), place of employment and what you may want and need to be close to are a few factors to consider. Price(renting or buying), size of home and type of community/neighborhood are other factors. Don't hesitate to contact me with additional questions. My cell phone is 863-604-4185.

Thank you for your inquiry!
Dave D'Agostino
Ruth, Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions. Lakeland is an excellent area and a great location in proximity to Orlando and Tampa.
Best regards, David D'Agostino
Flag Fri Nov 8, 2013
Hi David,
Thank you for your reply, we took a trip to winter haven and my inlaws live about 45 minutes from there, my husband and I are looking to find jobs in Lakeland. We are renting at the moment and will do so when we move to WInter Haven. And i have a 4year old that will start kinder next year, so we want to move into a nice neighborhood with good grading schools. I will keep your number and will contact you when we are ready to look for a rental.
Thank you
Ruth
Flag Thu Nov 7, 2013
Ruth, my suggestion would be to familiarize yourself with the market now so that when you are ready you know exactly what to expect. I would be happy to send you emails of new listings coming on the market similar to the type of house you are interested in. When you are ready, your first step will be getting a pre-approval letter from a lender or proof of funds if you are paying cash. Please feel free to call me anytime with questions. I make sure my customers are well taken care of. I can be reached on my cell at (863) 944-4193. I look forward to hearing from you!

Holli Linck, Realtor
Trade Winds Realty
118 West Central Avenue
Winter Haven FL 33880
(863) 944-4194 Cell
Hi Ruth,

Do you need to sell your current home first? If not already listed with a real estate agent, please contact me for a comparable market analysis.

Nadine Mauro
Highlight Realty
561-414-0864
NadineSellsHouses@gmail.com
Its not a bad idea to start a search but most want 60 days or less to close so I would keep an eye on the search so you know what the market is like and then start actually looking at houses at the time you can put in a contract.