Rentals in Phoenix>Question Details

Kbochat123, Renter in Phoenix, AZ

Hi I sent my rent to my landlord on the 3rd of this month. it was a money order I sent to her office well its the 16th and shes saying she never got

Asked by Kbochat123, Phoenix, AZ Wed May 16, 2012

Hi im 18 years old New too renting this was my first time EVER dealing with a money order. Well I didn't know that the receipt was on the money order and didn't know i was supposed to write anything on it. So not knowing anything I sent it my Landlord office and now shes saying she never received rent from us. We contacted The place we bought the M O from and they said they are going to track it for us even though we dont have the receipt. How can are rent not be there if i contacted the Post office and they said it was delivered or else it would be back the place is only in Mesa? But if anybody has any advice I would really appreciate it. thank you

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Phoenix

Answers

5
Speaking from the point of view as a property manager typically its is the tenants responsability to get the rent to the manager even if that means certified mail. The mail man is not an excuse.
From your message I'am assuming you have purchased your money order at the post office. Unfortunately, not having the receipt for the transaction puts you at a disadvantage. The post office should be able to track the money order and see if it had been cashed. If it has not been cashed, they may be able to put a stop payment on the old and reissue a new money order if you can prove you were the one who purchased it in the first place.
My advice would be to get a checking account. Paying with a money order is like sending cash in an envelope and risky. Good luck, life's lessons are sometimes learned the hard way.
Good example of the need for a receipt:
good arguement for getting a Checking Account.

Some people are just CROOKS,
and some people become crooks when a clear-cut opportunity pops up.

You have to cover your deriere;
this may hurt now, but if you learn something from it, it will last you your life.

Good luck and may God bless
Tracking it is your responsibility. :-( if you can't prove that they deposited it then it is like you didn't pay it. It's not considered paid until it is received. Hopefully you can get it traced and figure out what is going on otherwise it is considered non payment of rent.