Rentals in Portland>Question Details

pnfoster_2000, Renter in Portland, OR

Hi, I may be moving to Portland and would like to find out about renting a house. I would be working at the airport and would want a 2 BR 1.5 bath.

Asked by pnfoster_2000, Portland, OR Mon Sep 16, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Portland

Answers

4
Thanks Tom,

I'm a single guy in my 50's, any reccomendations on areas to live?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 17, 2013
Thanks for the thumbs up. You are going to have to look pretty hard to find a rental and they do go quick. Do not give and money there are some scams going on craigs list where they drop and drag a picture of a great house for sale and say you can rent this for $1200 and all you need to do is send a deposit to hold it. I just saw one a house listed at $400,000 for $1200 a month rent. Good luck to you. Search some areas and give me a call and I can explain the areas to you. Tom Inglesby 503-319-9035 RE/MAX
Flag Wed Sep 18, 2013
Go on the for rent app on Trulia on your phone and you can see homes close to the airport or Gresham or Fairview which will be less than closer to Portland. Expect to pay $1000 a month the average rent in Portland is $1200 a month and we have a 2% vacancy rate if you have pets you are really going to be in a tough spot we land lords not wanting to rent to people with pets.Rent matches neighborhood values so there is going to be a difference where you compare living at. Good luck to you. Tom Inglesby, Broker RE/MAX
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 16, 2013
Hello ~ I would suggest searching Craigslist and/or contacting a property management company in the area.
Good luck... and welcome!
Check out our website at http://www.carefreeinc.com to view available homes for rent that may fit your needs. Feel free to contact us anytime with questions or to schedule a viewing of any interiors.