Rentals in Redondo Beach>Question Details

Myztik25, Renter in

Hi, I live in the south bay & would like to stay anywhere 'safe' in the sb, currently in redondo beach looking to rent 3 br/2 ba min at $1700 max.

Asked by Myztik25, Wed Jul 3, 2013

currently living in near riviera village, but with baby otw we must cut rent considerably. By some miracle, if anyone knows of anything in our range, please let us know. We are open to anywhere that is considered safe...no gangs, low income housing i.e. bars on windows etc. email myztik25@aol.com

Answers

4
There is a 3 x 1 back house with a pretty big private yard actually on Prospect just north of Torrance on west side of street. The owner's name is Sophie, and it's not listed, I just drove by and saw the sign. She's asking $1795. It was just not what I was looking for, maybe it's still available? I saw it 7/13. Hope that helps!
Michael Magaw, Broker, Torrance, CA
I recommend using an agent to help you. If you go at it alone, make sure to watch for fraud. Confirm that the landlord you are talking to is the actual owner. Make sure the home you are leasing is not currently in default.
If the deal looks too good to be true, then it might be. Check comps for similar leases in the area to determine if you are being overcharged or if it is too good to be true. There have been two 3 Bedroom leases in the MLS on Vanderbilt in the last 6 months. They leased for $2950 and $3500.
http://jamico.com/Apartment-Rent-Details.aspx?id=799

Just found a 3 bed 1.75 bath for $1900 hope this helps you..
I feel SB is very safe. My son lives in N Redondo Beach, I live in Hermosa Beach and I think you will find it hard to find the beach cities at 1700 per month. and 3 br but is it the first child, If so consider a 2 br
much more likely to find. Some people use Westside rentals and it takes patience.
Do you have any pets? Also be prepared to have to run your credit and share the information with the places you try.. Will look and set you up on a search site right away.

Lynne Pope RE/MAX Estate Properties