Rentals in Pleasanton>Question Details

Dipthi Gajjar, Renter in Pleasanton, CA

Hi I am moving to Pleasanton and need to look for a home in the Pleasanton area? Also any suggestions for good schools for a 2 and 5 year old?

Asked by Dipthi Gajjar, Pleasanton, CA Wed Apr 17, 2013

Answers

12
Dipthi,
We recently moved down to Palo Alto and our home is for rent. The property is located right across the street from Mohr, one of the highest rated schools. Let me know if there is interest.
Gabe
925-400-3829
Hello, Is your home still available?
Flag Thu Aug 29, 2013
Hi Welcome to Pleasanton,

As a Pleasanton resident I can safely tell you all of our elementary schools are awesome.

You may want to consider a few different things.

1) Do you want to walk to school? I suggest walking if you can live close enough.

2) what programs are you most interested in?

3) Cost how much are you looking to invest in your home?

My daughters went to Lydiksen for the first year, she loved it, but when we moved they went to Walnut Grove.

I like the Walnut Grove School becasue:

if you live in Birdland or the surrounding area, you can walk to school. From Birdlland you can also walk to the middle school. The high school may be harder unless you live right behind Walnut Grove.

Your best best is to consider what you feel comfortable spending on a home that may help you determine what area to buy in.

All the schools are great, some parents like to claim their school is better but if you find out the school report cards you can start from there.

Again welcome to Pleasanton
Hi Dipthi,

Try getting a Redfin.com agent..They are the best...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 11, 2013
Pleasanton has wonderful schools and so does San Ramon. As former Tri-Valley residents I can tell you that I loved the area. I would suggest that your work with a local realtor to help you find your property and educate you about the area as well.

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Our family moved from San Jose to Pleasanton and love the area. Any school is good here and we are very happy at Lydicksen and have friends attending Valley View and Vintage Hills. You cannot go wrong moving to Pleasanton for the public education. This is the one of the two reasons we moved here as well as living in a safe neighborhood - San Jose, did not make the grade.
Hi Dipthi,

Welcome to Pleasanton..For a 2 year old you can try Gingerbread Pre-school..my daughter used to go to that school..It is run by the city, so it follows the education level of all the city schools..For a 5 year old which is Kindergarten I would recommend Mohr Elementary which is actually the best school in Pleasanton..As someone said earlier that all the schools have an API of 900 but that is not true..example--Alisal Elementary--API-896...But the school district is great, only problem is that they want donation for almost anything to everything.... All the best to you and your family...
Hello Dipthi,

I would love to help you find your home in Pleasanton and educate you more about the school system in Pleasanton as well as the neighboring cities. Most importantly, I listen to your needs and provide the best possible direction towards your family goals.

Please read my Trulia reviews as they share much about me as a Friend & Realtor...

Call or text me anytime @ 209-814-0119... Your Friend & Realtor, Henry Brooks
Dipthi,
The Pleasanton School district, K-12 is a among the highest rated districts in California. The differences are minimal - all are 900+ API and rated 10- with 10 being the highest rating. There is craziness surrounding elementary schools, but an excellent school is excellent with very little difference between them. The amount of volunteer time put into the school by parents can make a difference particularly in maintaining art and music programs. But honestly, the drop off of performance starts in middle school so that is the time that is most important. My personal experience is the difference between elementary school is minimized by simply reading a lot at home and taking the kids to cultural events. Buying a home in Pleasanton assures you great schools, so just focus on the house that works best for your family. Pay attention to the neighborhood and the parks surrounding your area which will contribute to the quality of your families life. Also, you might want to pay attention to what it takes to take the kids back and forth to school.- You will be doing it several times a day as the years go by!!!

Give me a call - I have been a college coach for High School students for years so I really know the school system.

Warmly,
Tracy Parker | 925-389-0645
Prudential CA Realty
Hello Dipthi,

Pleasanton is a great city to live in. All the schools in Pleasanton are excellent, some a little better than others but overall they are all very good. We moved to Pleasanton in 2006 for the schools and we are very happy with the move.

Are you working with an agent yet? Have you been pre-approved for a loan? Inventory is low and the demand is very high. Are you also considering San Ramon and Dublin? The schools in those two cities are also very good.

Meena Gujral
Achievers Realty
http://www.helpusellachievers.com
925-425-9491
Pleasanton has great schools across the board, including those close to my listing #40609936 located at 4094 Blacow Street in Autumn Glen, a great neighborhood in Pleasanton. It's a 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom single story home which came on the market last week at $825K and might be quite appealing for your family.

Please call me if you'd like to see this or any other home.

Will Bateson, Broker
Sidewalk Homes
925-784-9463
Hi Dipthi,

"Hi I am moving to Pleasanton and need to look for a home in the Pleasanton area?"

Well, then it sounds like you need to team up with a Realtor®!

The primary distinction of any Realtor® is they have a real estate license by taking required classes and passing a written test - but most importantly - they must also subscribe to the Code of Ethics published by the National Association of Realtors® (NAR). Typically, Realtors® are also members of state and local association of Realtors® and further agree to abide by the bylaws, rules and regulations of those associations. The full Code of Ethics can be found at http://www.Realtor.org/mempolweb.nsf/pages/code

Before heading out on your property search do obtain a "True Pre-Approval" (I'm sure your Realtor® will recommend this as your first step). You MAY need to improve your credit score, increase cash reserves, etc. before buying; however, at least you will have a roadmap to eventually purchasing if this is the case. Furthermore, this step can save you from wasting money on a purchase that does not close escrow!

See:
http://www.Steven-Anthony.com/GettingStarted and
"Retail Banks vs. Mortgage Broker/Bankers"
http://tinyurl.com/6qln6nd

Once you do have your "True Pre-Approval" it's time to find your new home. For this next step make sure you obtain access to your local AND regional Realtor® MLS data via an automated search your Realtor® should create for you; here's why:

MLS Data Accuracy – Where to search if you’re “without Realtor®”
http://tinyurl.com/ctr4d44

"Also any suggestions for good schools for a 2 and 5 year old?"

For schools, I suggest you use http://www.SchoolAndHousing.com

Based on property address, this site provides attendance area schools (Public, Private and Daycares) along with useful statistics and other information you should appreciate.

They also have a cellphone/mobile application, which is quite handy when you are viewing homes! Just access the website on your mobile phone to download the app.

NOTE: Before making an offer on a property call the School District to CONFIRM the schools the property will feed to!

-Steve
Dear Dipthi Gajar,
Check out http://www.greatschools.com and I believe you will see that Pleasanton overall has excellent schools based on their current API test scores. There are some that are slightly better than other but the majority of elementary schools are all rated highly and which school your children will attend will depend on the nearest schools ability to accept your child do to limited class sizes and impacting in some schools and school grade levels. If schools are your primary concern then I would suggest you find a school you like and then make certain they have room for your child and then locate a home in that attendance area.
I hope this helps and should you have additional questions or concerns or wish to discuss housing I would be glad to help
Best wishes for a successful relocation,
Michael