Rentals in Woodbridge>Question Details

9cayenne11, Renter in Woodbridge, VA

Hi, I am looking to rent a home with a section 8 voucher, or a rent 2 buy option, around Battery Hill Circle in Woodbridge, VA.

Asked by 9cayenne11, Woodbridge, VA Thu Jan 24, 2013

Answers

5
@pamcfrank I've finally found something nice, I don't know what your current income situation is but you get a little more leighway with income. But the approach I took, that you may want to take is contacting private owners who are looking to rent their home out and just ask if they are willing to take a voucher. 9 times out of 10 they will be willing to do so after finding out more about the program. Let me know if this helps. Thanks
Thanks so much for the reply. I lost my job but thankfully with section 8 I am able to get back on my feet. My current and past landlords said they will be willing to offer me a letter of recommendations as I always paid my rent on time . The section 8 program will cover full rent (if income is a concern ) so they will still get their money. The issue I am having is that most people want to refer you to a rundown neighborhood. I have a 11 year old daughter. It is not just because you have section 8 that you would like to be living in drugs and gangs . People had put me down several times...My email is pamcfrank@gmail.com. I would like to continue the conversation off the site .
Thanks.
Flag Sat Feb 23, 2013
Hi ,
I also have a voucher . Can we stay in touch with each other and let me know if you find out anything
Cayenne:

For rentals with voucher, the best route would be calling the Owner's list you get from county's office as most of the properties listed on MLS through an agent do not participate in Sec-8 program.
For Buying a home: there are some programs available through PWC for first time home buyers, which also assist your with down payment and some of closing costs. There is an other programs similar to Sec-8 which pays part of your mortgage once you buy your home. However, they have certain guidelines and income requirements.
If you are working full time, have a decent credit and would like to know the options about buying a home, I may be able to help!!

Hope this information is helpful to you ~ happy house hunting!!

Faiza Alvi - Realtor®
Prince William Realty, Inc.
703-389-7973 (Direct)
703-580-9995 (Fax)
http://www.house2homeva.com
MILLION DOLLAR CLUB - PWAR 2011

I believe:
Real Estate is about building relationships
& serving clients with honesty, integrity & passion.
I would love to help you find a home. Contact me and we can discuss your options.
Iris Collins
Not many pontificators here for this question. Call me @ 706-495-9900 to discuss your options.