Rentals in Hoboken>Question Details

tohteeyang04, Renter in Hoboken, NJ

Hi, I am looking for an apartment to rent from Jan 2013 onwards. Should I make a trip to Hoboken in Dec 2012 to secure the apartment? Thank you.

Asked by tohteeyang04, Hoboken, NJ Sat Aug 25, 2012

I am from Singapore and will be moving to Hoboken in Jan 2013. Looking for an apartment with 2 bedrooms for about $2000/month. Need a place safe and convenient to amenities such as public schools for my toddler.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Hoboken

Hello Tohteeyang04,
I have spent time in Singapore and live in Hoboken, I would be happy to help you find a safe apartment in a convenient location!
I would consider looking or speaking to a Realtor who can look for you in Hoboken at the beginning of November to see what is available. I don't think you need to come here just for that purpose, a good Realtor can send you a map & pictures of the available rentals in your price range.

Good Luck with your search!

Kathleen Conroy
Sotheby's International Realty
501 Washington St., Hoboken
201/680-7270 (office)
It's possible to rent without visiting the property. Some landlords will rent to tenants based upon the tenants review of online information; other landlords will not.

Of course, if you want to make a trip to secure your rental - by all means, that is the method you should engage.

You should start looking online in November. If you do make a trip to NJ, I would recommend late November or early December. Keep in mind that Thanksgiving holiday might make some properties unavailable to be seen for a few days.

Deb Madey
732 530 6350
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in ,
most rentals come to market 45 days before the first of the month...if you are looking for the beginning of january, then you should start your search mid november