Rentals in New York>Question Details

John Hughes, Renter in New York, NY

Help Finding An Apt by 9/1

Asked by John Hughes, New York, NY Wed Aug 8, 2012

I am starting graduate school at NYU in the Fall, at their downtown campus on Barclay St. Ideally, I would like to live in either West Village, East Village, Lower Eastside, or surrounding areas, but I am aware that these areas are out of my price range ($1400), unless I get small room with a shared bathroom. Realistically, I would like to get something on the Upper Westside, preferably on 110th or below, for $1400, hopefully something below. Utilities and washer dryer would be a plus. I have been having a tough time finding things on my own, is there a broker who can help me?

Answers

4
Ronnie Shumake’s answer
Hi John,

Do let us know how this has turned out for you.
Timing is everything and if it has not worked out thus far, perhaps this is the week!

Ronnie
917.423.5004
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 12, 2012
I know one place south of 110th near Broadway on UWS that could work for you. If you're still looking, you can call me at 646-481-8041. Close to 1/2/3 so easy commute. Low fee
I have some nice properties in that area. I am a licensed agent and I would be happy to assist you. My name is Erika and I can be reached at 917-335-8569. Thank you and good luck!
Hello John,

The closest I can currently get you to your desired location is a 1-bedroom apartment on W. 148th St near Amsterdam Avenue. It's a second floor walk up going for $1,300. Heat and hot water are included, but there is no laundry in the unit.

Please give me a call at 914-595-2634 so we can arrange an interview.

Hope to hear from you,

George Stroud