Rentals in Detroit>Question Details

jayant_mathur, Home Buyer in Detroit, MI

Hello am planning to buy property from overseas in detroit to rent out ....which are the safer places and offering good future prospects....

Asked by jayant_mathur, Detroit, MI Fri Jan 11, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3105672595-14570-Sussex-Detroit…

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Detroit

Answers

5
Toni Jennings’ answer
I'd be happy to assist you.

Please contact me:
S. Toni Jennings | Realtor®
City Living Detroit
444 West Willis, Ste. 108, Detroit, MI 48201
Mobile: 313.409.4740
Main: 313.242.7800
try midtown, palmer woods/sherwood forest. just do your homework. talk to the neighbors.
Hello Jayant,

I am a current investor in Detroit and I am looking to sell some of my already rented properties. Also like someone said, location is very important in Detroit and none of my properties are in areas where it is the only house on the block or there are abandoned houses all around. Feel free to contact me to discuss tjbrown@umich.edu
Hi Jayant,

I would be interested in helping you sell those properties. Let me know if you need assistance getting them sold.
Flag Fri Feb 1, 2013
Hello fellow investor

Your decision to invest in Detroit is a good one for reasons I'm sure you are already aware of.

Allow me to expand on your question. You should be conscience off three things while investing in Detroit: WHO WHAT and WHERE!

Who: You absolutely need a good, honest, professional property manager who can transition you through all things Detroit. It's a crazy world here and you need a "home grown" manager that truly knows the city, the processes, and can be your concierge through the WHOLE transaction from start to finish. Please beware, the market is HOT right now and there are lots of wanna be's, pretenders, and frauds out here looking to cash in and disappear.

What: Detroit is a rent heavy city. Invest in what the renters are renting, your "cookie cutter" first time home buyer house. Three+ bed, brick bungalow or colonial, 1200+ sq. ft., with a basement. This is your biggest pool and will be a benefit to you when you are at the end game and executing your exit strategy.

Where: It's still true, location, location, location! I will give you some areas to narrow your search with but this is where the value of a good property manager will make all the difference. Detroit is block by block. I could give a dissertation on this subject, (I won't), but allow me to say it is not unusual to be on a very nice block, then go two blocks over and be in a war zone. *(See "Who") Here are some areas of interest that you will want to start with: Bagley-Rosedale-Grandmont-Canterbury-College Park and the areas immediately surounding these. This is not gospel, I have just name dropped some popular destinations. There are lots of good viable areas to invest in Detroit, just do your diligence and find a "real" property manager.

Sorry for the winded answer, I have a passion for what I do. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions.

Good hunting!

Kevin Flowers
Reliant Property Management
kevin@discountdetroitus.com
313-467-4163
Web Reference: http://www.discountdetroitus.com
0 votes • Reply • Flag • Link • Delete • A moment ago

Realtors cannot answer questions about which areas are safer than others. But if you would like a sample portfolio of homes that are both rented out and homes that are in need of some work before putting tenants in them, contact me using my email address below.

I will send you a PDF file of homes that already have tenants in them and are collecting rent. We have a management team in place that will handle all of the necessary management of the properties, so it will be a turn-key process for you.

I deal directly with the people that purchase, renovate and manage the properties. Many of the properties return from 10 - 30% on your investment. 48 new homes were just added to the portfolio within the past month, so there are both tenanted and un-tenanted homes available.

Contact me and we can start there.

HAIG
(248) 379-6547
realtorhaig@aol.com