Rentals in Norwalk>Question Details

E Harris, Renter in Norwalk, CT

Hello, My husband and I are looking for a 2-3 bedroom apt. in East/Norwalk. Our current lease is up in Jan. is it too early to start looking?

Asked by E Harris, Norwalk, CT Sun Sep 2, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Norwalk

Answers

7
I'm surprised that nobody has pointed out the obvious; in the current market, it makes much more sense to buy than it does to rent. The only hitch is deposit and credit rating, but a credit counselor can help with the latter and the 2 months deposit return could go a goodly way towards the former. Of course, there're options to put less down, but that raises your monthly payment amount.

At any rate, I'd advise you to explore your options with a mortgage broker.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 27, 2012
Hello E Harris

As mentioned by other agents, it is certainly way to early to look for a place 4 months in advance. Rentals generally come and go very quickly - it has a very short cycle time. Hence I would recommend starting your search in November (given the holidays).

We have several 2-3 Bedrooms for rental available in Norwalk, would be very happy to discuss them with you at your convenience. I can also sign you up with a service that can send you automated emails every time a new rental comes on the market.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Nick Gandhi
Equity Capital Real Estate
(203) 280 3838
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 26, 2012
Hello E Harris,

So it's now the end of January and I'm wondering if you secured an apartment in East Norwalk or you are still looking. There are a few nice rentals in the East Norwalk beach area if you're still interested.
Hi, my name is Donna Karnes and I am a Realtor with William Pitt Sotheby's. I agree with Susan, it is too early to be looking. I suggest the earliest to start looking would be late November. Good luck with your search.
Hi!

It is a bit early to be looking. Do you live in the area? Are you familiar with the Norwalk area?
You seem to know what you want. I will say 3 bedrooms are hard to come by. Not a lot out there.
I can look for you and send as they come on.

Call me anytime 203 247 3763

Susan
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Hi Susan,
We have never worked with a realtor before, can you tell me how it works. Is a flat fee? Do we sign a contract?
We currently live in East Norwalk, and would like to stay in the area. If a 3bedroom is not possible, then a 2 bedroom with 1.5 baths would also be acceptable. Thank you so much!
Flag Mon Sep 3, 2012
E Harris,
Are you looking to buy or rent in Jan 2013?
If you are looking to rent you are a bit early but not too early to sign up for a Listingbook account to see what rental options are available. If you plan to buy now is a good time to begin your search.
Feel free to contact me about a free Listingbook account.
Hannelore
Hannelore Kaplan
CHAIRMAN'S ELITE TOP AGENT
Mobile: (914) 450-3880
Email: Hannelore.Kaplan@raveis.com
Website: http://hannelore.vflyer.com/home/flyer/home/160844002
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
We are looking for a rental. Thank you for the info. I will contact you for further info. Thanks again.
Flag Sun Sep 2, 2012
Hi E Harris,

It isn't too early to start looking online to see what type of place you can get with your budget (size, location, updates, etc.).

Yes it is too early to physically start looking at places as the inventory will be completely different once you are ready to move in January. Places with similar updates will be available for similar prices, but the exact addresses and units will be different.

Basically it is a good idea to educate yourself now on what you can likley afford, and then get out to look a places about 30 days or less before your desired lease start date.

For more info, feel free to visit http://www.NorwalkRealEstateTodd.com

Todd Turcotte
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012