Rentals in Chicago>Question Details

C.moss39, Home Buyer in Baton Rouge, LA

Hello. My family and I are moving to Chicago in mid-October, and am looking for a rental either in the city, or in the suburbs.

Asked by C.moss39, Baton Rouge, LA Thu Aug 22, 2013

I have a budget of $1400(although ideally, I would like to spend less than that), and am looking for a neighborhood that has good schools, low crime, and is a reasonable commute to downtown Chicago. Thanks in advance.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Chicago

Answers

12
Please email me with your exact requirements and I can provide you with some listings that will meet your needs.
diana@findingourbalance.com
email me at jmichaels and I will send you my list of properties in that range
Try getting a good leasing agent or check out craigslist.
Research the city by checking out websites similar to these to target your desired locations.

Chicago Bus and Train Maps-
http://www.transitchicago.com/travel_information/maps/defaul…

Chicago Schools research-
http://www.greatschools.org/illinois/chicago/

This will give you an idea of where to start your apartment search. Then contact an agent to help you the rest of the way. If you have any additional questions or would like help in you next move feel free to contact me at anytime. All the best.
Plenty of homes exist that meet your general description of what you want depending on the size and distance from work/city that you are comfortable with.

Work with a Realtor to help you refine your needs. Be prepared to provide your income, credit, work and past rental history. Start your search 30-45 days prior to move in.

Feel free to contact me should you need any assistance.
Web Reference: http://www.BJDHOMES.com
About a thirty minute commute is good. I need a two bedroom plus, one bathroom plus for my wife and son.
You will be popular, but agents will need to know more info like how many bedrooms/parking/where in the city is your job/what is a 'reasonable' commute? It's a big city with lots of Burbs
Hi. And early welcome to Chicago.
Feel free to contact me at ksimmons@homescoutrealty.com. or 773-562-4903 .
Since it appears you are moving from Baton Rouge, what would you consider a "reasonable" commute? It would help us to better answer your question. Once we give you some suggestions, you will need to look up the crime statistics as we can't comment on these matters.
How many bedrooms do you need, how many baths, do you need parking.
Happy to help you. Feel free to contact me direct. dan@porterhouseproperties.com