Rentals in Philadelphia>Question Details

saratee, Renter in Philadelphia, PA

Hello. I need assistance with finding a 1-2 bedroom apartment/house rental in Philadelphia and with credit repair. Please advise.

Asked by saratee, Philadelphia, PA Sun Jan 19, 2014

More details- I was laid off from a job several years ago and around the same time was in a car accident. That resulted in several years of financial mishaps that are my fault. Poor credit (a mess) but good income. I have no car payment- made arrangements for my student loans(paying) and have stable full employment in a hospital(over a year and a half). I am on my way up. I can also provide an employment reference. I net approx. $2600 per month after my student loan arrangement. I have read the forums and advice and am finally brave enough to see advice from the professionals and am willing to do and hear and do whatever I need to find a place to stay. I am fortunate enough to be staying with a family member with no pressure to move. I would love to be in a new place by March 1 and with my unique situation am aware that I may have to pay more. Am willing. My target areas are Northwest Phila, Mt Airy, NE, Montco and Delco. Target rent $800. Experian 601. Equifax/Trans-in process.

Answers

4
Hi Saratee,

I believed I answered a previous question for you on Trulia. With your honesty, acceptance of your responsibilities, and willingness and determination explained the same way you did in your posted question, I'm sure you will be able to find a Landlord willing to work with you.

If you send me your e-mail address, I can send you any available listings that meet your needs and preferences for size, location and price. The formula most property managers use to calculate affordability qualifications is that the tenant must earn a minimum gross(before tax deductions) monthly income of 3 times the monthly rent price.

Please feel free to call me. I'd be happy to help you find a nice place and help you get on track to buy your own place within a few years. You can reach me anytime. Looking forward to speaking with you soon.

Larry Lichtman
Realtor, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
Cell/Text: (267) 255-9640
LarrySellsRealEstate@gmail.com

Liberty Real Estate Associates
924 Arch Street, 1st Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Office: (215) 625-4725
HI, I PREFERED SPEAKING IN SPANISH, DO YOU SPEAKING. OK, EN EL MES DE MARZO VOY A VIAJAR A PHILADELPHIA (DOMINGO 2 DE 2014), A RENTAR UNA VIVIENDA, QUIERO QUE TENGA 2 O 3 CUARTOS Y BASEMAN, QUE TENGA DONDE ESTACIONAR UN AUTO Y QUE LA COMUNIDAD SEA TRANQUILA. MI CREDITO ES EXCELENTE, NO TENGO PROBLEMAS CON ESO. GRACIAS E-MAIL: rodriguezeuripides@hotmail.com
Hi Saratee,

I'd be happy to help you with your search for an apartment. Many Landlords will focus on past Evictions more than anything. It sounds like your on the right path.

Please contact me in the near future to get started.

Gratefully,
Alexis Jeffries
Liberty Bell Real Estate
Agents, LLC
Office Number: 215-885-3332
Direct Number: 215-237-4147
Email: alexisjrealestate@gmail.com
Glad things are looking up for you! Different landlords often have different requirements for credit scores, but some will accept a 600+. The only way to know for sure is to call and ask - but in the meantime, perhaps going through a credit counseling program could help. (I've linked the National Foundation for Credit Counseling below for you.) Even if you don't need them to set up any plans/arrangements for you, they might be able to point you towards various relevant resources that can help get you into the place you want. Good luck!

http://www.nfcc.org/CreditCounseling/counseling_01.cfm

Cheers,

Kimberly Wingfield

Real Estate Agent: Keller Williams - Center City Realty
REALTOR® - Member of GPAR
Cell: (267) 530-5641
Office: (215) 627-3500
wingfieldphillyrealestate.com