Elia Flores, Renter in New York, NY

Hello, I'm interesting to rent an apartment in Washington Heights area or Hamilton area, but I don't have credit. It is possible find an apartment?

Asked by Elia Flores, New York, NY Tue Aug 13, 2013

Answers

6
It will be near impossible, unless you have a guarantor to help you out. Note that the guarantor needs to have an income of at least 80 x the rent.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 13, 2013
Your credit is only part of the equation. I recommend you go through your whole financial situation with an agent and see if there an scenarios with existing units, which will work for you.
Please contact me. My name is Tanuja and I can be reached at 347-882-0353. Thank you and good luck.
Hi, Elia Flores I have to consult with one of my associate agent that does Section 8 program and low income sometimes. He might be able to help you out but your situation is tough to find an apartment in Manhattan. Just contact me via email to luis.sanchez@propnation.com to see what I can do for you with my referral agent.
Luis, agent
You are in a tuff situation but not impossible. I have to agree with the rest of the answers but it can be done.
Elia, I would have to agree with Adina on this. No credit, which I take to mean your credit is either non-existant or just terrible, is going to be tough to get around, hence the Guarantor requirement. My only thought is you might have some luck through word of mouth within your neighborhood. You might luck into a private owner who understands sometimes folks with low or no credit might be worth the risk. Managed buildings will never look at people like that. Talk to friends and family and keep an eye out for rental signs in windows. I wish you good luck.