Rentals in Antioch>Question Details

anjeanettedo…, Renter in Antioch, CA

Hello, I have a person on trulia I am currently in neogiating in renting a house from that I found on your site. wanted to know if this a legit tran

Asked by anjeanettedorsey, Antioch, CA Wed Oct 23, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Antioch

Answers

3
Since scams do exist you are correct in being cautious; however none of us can accuarately say for sure if it's a scam, or not. Always verify ownership before exchanging any money, also see link for helpful information http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2009/05/rentalscam.shtm
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
If that "listing" is still on Trulia, please flag it.

So many scammers out there who hijack legitimate listings and try to pass them off on their own.

Several ways you can tell if it's legit or not...

Google the address --- is it showing up as for sale?
Drive by the property --- if there's a for sale sign, contact the realtor whose name is on the sign
Make appointment to meet the poster at the property itself. If poster is out of country, surely there must be someone he can entrust to take care of business?

By no means should you complete a formal application form with personal information about yourself before you are assured that this is a legitimate listing

Finally, don't wire money via Western Union (which seems to be favored by the scammers)....

If you are looking to rent, your best bet is to work with Property Management Companies serving Antioch --- google them, and talk with at least 2-3 agents who can help you.

It's a scam if you have to send money before you are shown the property, anjeanette.
Thanks that's what I thought... Whew always go on my first instinct...
Flag Wed Oct 23, 2013