Rentals in Brooklyn Heights>Question Details

Trya03, Renter in Brooklyn, NY

Hello I am looking for a 3 bedroom home to rent in the Brooklyn Heights area can anyone help? I would like my move in date to be June 1st.

Asked by Trya03, Brooklyn, NY Fri Mar 29, 2013

Answers

5
Ann Zemaitis, Rutenberg Realty’s answer
I can tell you what's on the market at what cost immediately. I can also discount my side of any fee. For example, if there's a 15% fee on first year, I can rebate 1% (making my half 6.5%). I live in Brooklyn Heights, have for 10 yrs., and my husband grew up in the neighborhood. I'm familiar with all the amenities and many of the buildings. I can tell you that larger apartments when available do not come cheap, but they're out there and I've been able to locate good deals on occasion. But a lot depends on: do you have a pet(s), amenities (need a doorman), elevator, walkup, brownstone, elevator, washer/dryer, views, proximity to subway, etc.

Ann Zemaitis
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
SR. VICE PRESIDENT
CHARLES RUTENBERG REALTY
917-676-1950
azemaitis@CRRNYC.com
Rent today; Buy tomorrow. How to convert from Tenant to Homeowner.

When I rented my first apartment in Astoria, I did not want to be a Tenant my whole life and pay my Landlord’s mortgage. I longed to become a Homeowner.

That’s why I found my way into the mortgage business in 1989 and soon afterward became a Homeowner. Here are the fundamentals any Tenant should know to prepare to become a Homeowner in the future, no matter when that might be.

• Credit: Establish 3 credit accounts, no more than 5. Pay your bills on time. Keep your balances to no more than 50% of your credit limit. Don’t pay off the accounts in full. Keep balances active for 12-24 months. All of the above will provide both a good credit score and adequate credit history to qualify for a mortgage loan.

• Assets: A basic savings budget isn’t hard to do. Pay your rent first in your budget; then set aside 10% of your income before taxes . Make it a budget priority and you’ll still have money left over for entertainment and restaurants and clothing.

How much money do you need to buy a home? Many buyers spend no more than $25,000 to buy their first homes. There are loan programs with low down payment requirements and many real estate agents negotiate for their Buyers a “Seller’s concession” to include the Buyer’s closing costs (which are HIGH here in New York!) in the price of the home.

• Income: Two years consistent income is the basic requirement for either a salaried individual or a self-employed person. Income from Bonus, Commission, and Overtime is treated differently and is best discussed with your Mortgage Banker.

• Market Survey: it doesn’t hurt to go out and get to know neighborhoods where you might like to buy a home. Visit open houses on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s okay that you’re not yet buying; tell the Realtor at the Open House you’re just beginning your “survey.” You’ll also get to know market prices for different kinds of homes. It’s okay to “window shop” homes on the weekend at Open Houses!

I hope these fundamentals will help you better understand the path to homeownership is a process that, with preparation and dedication, you can move through easily. And if you’re interested in getting Prequalified today to create an Action Plan for your future of Homeownership, call me anytime!

Trevor Curran
http://www.tcurranmortgage.com

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
I represent the management company that owns 52 Clark Street, we do not charge a broker's fee and are currently offering one free month's rent with our 3 bedroom, 3 bath unit. Completely renovated, brand new kitchen, baths, floors, and high end stainless steel appliances all in a doorman building. Feel free to call me at (212) 217-6674 or email me at CCapitummino@mpi-re.com.
Give me a call anytime... I'm sure I can find you a place you'll like.

Luke Constantino
Keller Willams Real Estate
(212) 300-3919
lukeconstantino@gmail.com
Here is my email send me your contact infoinfo and I can assist you more.

Jermaine Francis
Jermaine@lucienperry.com