Rentals in Houston>Question Details

CJ, Renter in Houston, TX

Have great rental history but landlord upset because i am moving and giving bad references. What can I do? Never paid rent late.

Asked by CJ, Houston, TX Tue May 22, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Houston

Answers

6
Thanks for the answers and well wishes!!!!
Furnish proof of payment. We can even use cancelled checks to get a loan approved.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
CJ

Provide solid information to the new landlord and their agent. Show you gave proper notice to vacate, your rents checks were on time (copies of cleared checks) and maybe photos of your current place to show you keep it clean. Remember, the new landlord will check your last 2 rental homes. The one before hopefully will give you some good references.

Your lease would allow showings during your last 30 days typically. Make sure your allowing those showings and not getting in the way. Other than that, I think you might have a case against the landlord. Credit companies and reporting firms like Trans Union cannot put out false statements about you. I think a landlord would be under the same conditions. Good Luck!

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstien Realty
Send him a letter with copies of cleared checks stating that you pay your rent on time and you have been a good tenant. Go into detail in the letter on how you feel he is being unfair to your decision to move. Tell him that is imperative to be honest when new potential landlords request rental history. Include a copy of that letter along with any proof of payments or property condition in the next lease application. This will voice a strong message and I would personally accept that as a landlord.
Web Reference: http://www.huntahome.com
Hi
My lease is up on june 1 and I gave 30 day notice, as soon as I gave notice the next day my house was up 4 viewings which has been 3-4 times weekly! I believe the LL was under impression I would be interested in buying..not the case though
Hey CJ,

When is your lease up? Are you breaking your lease to move?

Diane Hermis
Total Real Estate Services
832-620-6304
dianehermis@yahoo.com