Rentals in Chicago>Question Details

John Meyers, Real Estate Pro in Chicago, IL

Has "Rent Juice" worked for anyone with finding renters? I'm hesitant to pay the $100/mo, but it may be worth it. Sincerely, John

Asked by John Meyers, Chicago, IL Thu Dec 16, 2010

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Chicago

Answers

12
We use RentJuice for our back-end rental database, and having tried other solutions, RentJuice is by far the best. If you're at all curious about how effective it is in a leasing setting, feel free to give me a call.

Chris Caton
Trudo Realty
(312) 985-7779
Hi John,

My name is Matt and I'm the VP of Marketing at RentJuice. I think that there might be some misunderstanding as to what RentJuice is based on this post. RentJuice is a web-based tool that helps agents become more efficient, so you can do more rentals in less time.

To answer your question, we help agents find renters by helping them create and post ads to Craigslist (and 20+ other sites, including Trulia) in a fraction of the time. We also organize all your listings (including those from the MLS and property managers) and automate much of the application/credit check paper work.

Laura: We're different from Craigslist in that we're not a destination site for renters. We're web-based software that will manage your rental process so that everything is all in one place. Think salesforce.com, but for rentals.

Mark: We have hundreds of agents using us in the Chicago area. The San Francisco Chronicle recently profiled one of our Chicago customers. Read more here: http://bit.ly/hlw9qU

You can visit http://rentjuice.com/brokers/ for some more information or please feel free to email me directly at matt@rentjuice.com.

I hope that answers your question John!
Web Reference: http://bit.ly/hlw9qU
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 17, 2010
I have used Rent Juice exlusively in the past.

You will not get any renter leads from Rent Juice. Rent juice is a great tool to manage your listings and market them to various sites. It is mediocre at best as far as a CRM goes but you have the ability to run credit reports in about 2 seconds which is a great feature. If you work in a team setting it also serves as a leaderboard for your team and tracks production.

Hope that helps!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
I'd never heard of Rent Juice. However, from Matt's comments and my quick look at that website, my reaction is that it might be helpful depending on where your renters come from and the quality of renters you find on non-MLS sites like Craigslist.

Where I am--Northern Virginia--my experience with "alternative sites" has been poor. The potential clients are . . . flakes. Pure and simple. And they love calling up with questions that are asked in the ad; are they trying to verify information you've presented or can they just not read? And I could go on and on. For that reason--and because the MLS alone works nicely in finding tenants for me--I wouldn't use Rent Juice.

Having said that, I know that--in some areas, for some properties--Craigslist is considered effective, as are other marketing methods.

As for Matt's description of RentJuice as SalesForce for rentals . . . if the description is accurate, then the question really is whether the agent needs that form of assistance.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
You should use a licensed Realtor instead, who specializes in rentals and leasing services. If they are a professional locator, they will be using RentJuice and you only pay them for what they produce.
Tried rent Juice. The problem is they offer NO landlords. If they had properties to add right away to your listings It would be a great tool. They want you to send them invites. If i do that why do I need rent juice Ill do it myself. They are awesome to work with Nargis is awesome. I think they just have to learn whats best for brokers they are still very new. Once they get listings in Boston I think they will be worth the monthly fee.
The Money would spent better else where. If you had one apartment as a landlord they have a 7.00 for a ad that would be worth trying to use.
Unless you've got tons of high end rentals and no time at all some assistance would be helpful. A lot of these online ads you can place them yourself. If your rental is priced right and advertised you should not have a problem getting a tenant. The work comes in when you do the tenant screening.
Hello John,
I've never heard of "Rent Juice" and feel that there are so many other avenues on the internet to locate potential renters where there is no fee. Craig's List being one of the best.
I hope this is helpful.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 17, 2010
With the market the way it is today, I'm reluctant to pay for any services that don't have some sort of guarantee of service. All of the web sites, including Trulia, that I've found make no guarantee of the quality of the information they provide. The leads aren't vetted, so to me they're useless.

I'd rather pay a 25 percent of my net commission check as a referral fee to someone for a vetted lead than to have what amounts to a cold call that I've paid a fee up front for.

Even Trulia, and their "Pro" service, doesn't give you anything more than somebody who may have expressed some interest in a property. To top it off, they give those leads to several agents at once. And all of the other sites I've run across do the same thing. So what, exactly, are we paying for with services like these?
You must be kidding!!! There are alot of people looking to rent. They don't go to Rent Juice. The name sounds funny to me. Any realtor can help you. Craigslist, Zillow, Trulia, etc. Post IT are all available.
Nope. I do a lot of rentals in the city and nobody I know has ever used this site.. If you need help, I have a 100% effective rental plan. I charge 1 month's rent and I manage the unit for an additional $100 per month.
Web Reference: http://www.markmalave.com