Artemis Bagh…, Renter in Honolulu, HI

HOW ABOT 676 QUEEN ST IT THAT SCAM ALSO ?

Asked by Artemis Baghdanian, Honolulu, HI Tue Nov 13, 2012

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3096726798-676-Queen-St-Honolul…

Answers

6
Alison, There isn't much point in reporting the scam. This is one of those things that will be with us in its present form and permutations of this form, for the foreseeable future. I and others have repeatedly advised that you not try to rent a property in Hawaii from the mainland unless you are here to see it, or have someone here to make sure the advertising agent can meet them at the home. Should you wish to persist in either sending money or personal information to someone who doesn't meet you at the home, you will most probably pay a high price for your Naiveté. Do not send money or your personal informatiuon to someone renting a home who does not personally meet you at the home and show you that he/she can get into the home by means of using a key.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 14, 2012
Hey all,

If you think it really is a scam, please report it so we can investigate, we take this very seriously!

Fraud@Trulia.com

Ali, Community Manager
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 14, 2012
Contact the listing agent or owner. If they want you to send money and/or if they want you to apply over the internet or by mail, it's probably a scam. Don't send private information or money to anyone who won't meet you at the rental. You can most likely count on the agent being legit if he meets you inside the rental. No guarantee, but it's a risk I would take, but only when I am face to face with the agent.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 6, 2012
there is one too i encountered beachwalk st/ lewers..big scam 2br for only $1200 condo and asking for moneu wire transfer...careful guys---check their english construction too how they reply!!!'
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 14, 2012
Yes, It's scam. I found out the scamer used my listing at 1551 Ala Wai too.
Artemis, You can judge using the old axiom "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" a scam.