Rentals in Dorchester>Question Details

Dorothy Bish…, Renter in Boston, MA

Good afternoon. Can someone tell me who they use to get to see apartment rentals?

Asked by Dorothy Bishop, Boston, MA Fri Oct 26, 2012

Where do I start?! I have been searching on line every day for an affordable apartment that is decent & move in condition. I've been searching every way I know how! On Craig's list. ON Trulia. Rent.com..........and many more. Do you know an Agent will not call back and the ones that do sound like they are going to help me & then I don't hear from them again! Who does that?

Answers

3
Hello Dorothy,
I am sorry to hear that you've had some bad experience with agent-s. They should indeed, at least, call you back if for nothing more than common courtesy and professionalism. What type of rental are you looking for? what is your budget and time frame? what areas are you looking into? these are just some basic questions for an agent to be able to help. Best of luck
info@wenrealty.com
Web Reference: http://www.wenrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 26, 2012
There may be some part of your request that is causing their action or in-action.
I would go into a local office that advertises rentals and ask for their most experienced agent and their least experienced agent.
Interview them both -separately, and ask why you haven't been helped already as part of your questions.
You may find there is a flaw in your request.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2012
You start with a GOOD agent! A good and responsible Realtor will always help you. Many agents won't respond because the commission could be as little as $150 if you sign a 1 year lease. But, as any good agent knows, a renter today is a buyer tomorrow. If they don't return your call, move on to the next one.