Rentals in 34202>Question Details

Karen E,  in Sarasota, FL

Get an Agent for rental search - or DIY?

Asked by Karen E, Sarasota, FL Mon Oct 22, 2012

The question is the title - should we get an agent to help? - We don't know the areas all that well and all we have are online listings which are never accurate.

We're moving to the Bradenton area or work relocation and ultimately want to buy a ~300K sqft house in the Lakewood Ranch area - meanwhile - we have a house out of state to sell first.

We need a rental house to bridge between the two. If things go well we could be sold within 2 months and ready to buy in FL...worst case would be 4-6 months.

Need as large as possible - probably 1750 sqft min. on a single story plus garage.

Budget - as low as possible not to exceed $1700/mo.
6 month - or month to month term (with a minimum of 3 months)
Pets OK (Golden Retriever)
Safe neighborhood - as close to Lakewood Ranch as possible or within 10-15 minute drive.

This is just a short stop over - we'll live out of boxes mostly and not even fully move in - with most everything stored in the garage other than the basics.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 34202

Answers

2
Hi Karen! Short term rentals can be challenging and the rental market is especially tight right now. I live in and specialize in the Lakewood Ranch/East Manatee county area so I am very familiar with the various neighborhoods in the area. I would be happy to be your local liaison to find a rental that could bridge your relocation to a new home. You can reach me at 941-962-2997 or marymichaelm@aol.com. I am also from Charleston, but I have lived in the Sarasota area since 1992! Let's talk!
short term leases are VERY hard to come by. If you are looking to stay as short as 3 months you would be better off in a large apartment complex. However, I do have a list of 5 active choices for you that are available as of this morning in East Bradenton. Check out the web reference. These are marked as short term and pet friendly!
Thanks - the link was broken, but I get the idea... and will try to use the search engine there. We're still working on details - we may not HAVE to move immediately, and could wait until the house on this end is sold first.
Flag Mon Oct 22, 2012