Rentals in 07052>Question Details

Florian Weiss, Renter in New York

German Expat looking for 3-4 br home to rent starting Q2 2013

Asked by Florian Weiss, New York Wed Jan 2, 2013

Moving my family to NY Area, looking for non-furnished single family home with convenient access to Manhattan/Columbus Circle area.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 07052

Answers

6
Northern New Jersey has one of the best transportation networks in the country. Northern New Jersey has 4 train lines leading into manhattam and numerous local buses which transport New Jersey residents into Manhattan daily. Check out my website which brings you through all the local Northern New Jersey communities within 30-60 minutes from manhattan
Hi Florian -- I'm not an agent, but am looking to rent our home! We are relocating to asia for at least one year, and would love a family to take good care of our home while we are away. We live in Maplewood, NJ, walk to the train, and then under 30 minutes you are in the City. Its a big commuter town, so everyone here does it. Its a LOVELY area. If you are interested, please respond to me at linusandmowgli@yahoo.com.
Robin
Florian,

Greetings! As it was mentioned before your price range will play a big part in the type of home you will be able to afford.

We recommand our tenants to start looking or a home about 1-1.5 months before they move since the rental market is usually very dynamic and rentals go on and off the market fairly quickly.

When you are ready to make a decision it would be our pleasure to hear more about your family needs and find you the best place to call home.

You can log into our website to search for rentals and see what are the going rates for the ones you like (bare in mind they will probably not be there when you are ready to move).

Happy New Year!

The Sharon and Karen Home Team
917-294-0356
sharonandkaren@kw.com
ps

In regard to commuting into the city - your option would be the bus to Port Authority in Manhattan (ample parking on Northfield Rd at the skating arena - 45 "ish" min ride)......or, making use of the W. Orange shuttle service to the MidTown Direct train . That train (35 min ride) will take you to Penn Station.
Hi Florian

Knowing your price range would help.

Just to give you an overview - the average range of single family homes with 3, maybe 4, bedrooms starts at $2150 (3 BR/1bth) and goes up to the 3000+ price point.

There are several townhomes listed starting there, as well, and going up a bit higher.

Just so you know, and are prepared - the tenant is usually responsible for the commission which is equal to 1 month's rent.......... the first month rent upfront, and security deposit of 1.5 month's rent.
Those checks have to be bank or cashier's checks.
Many rentals do not allow pets.

Also, the tenant, in most leases, is responsible for repairs up to $100 for each occurance, and all utilities.

A credit check and employment verification will also be required.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes............
Are you looking to move to NY or NJ?
I see you posted your inquiry in the West Orange area of NJ where there are many fine homes to choose from depending on your budget.

Feel free to contact me directly so I can assist you further.

Laquita Baez
Licensed Realtor in NJ and GA
Weichert Realtors
908.277.1200 office
973.687.7095 cell