Rentals in 28277>Question Details

NewCharlotte…, Renter in 28277

For renting TH in charlotte do I hav to submit job transfer letter with my paystub, tax return, DL &referals from past 2 rentals to managemnt

Asked by NewCharlotteHome, 28277 Wed Mar 2, 2011

agency ? Property Management is asking for transfer letter from employer. I work from home and I can work anywhere in US, so my employer cannot provide me with tranfer letter.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 28277

Answers

5
This seems very extreme for a rental. I would recommend getting a letter from your HR department saying you are gainfully employed and can live anywhere in the U.S. due to the nature fo your job. That should suffice.
Speaking as a long-term Property Manager, a transfer letter from your employer is certainly helpful but not required, along with your most recent paystub (or two if available). Depending on your job/employer, a verbal verification of current and liklihood of continued employment would be sufficient. The primary reason for this is to ensure that you're going to have continued income (to pay the rent) once you relocate. A copy of your driver's licence (or other official picture ID) is always required (for consumer protection and professional liability) to guard against identity theft/fraud. We, Childs Realty Services, verifiy your rental history, not necessarily from your past 2 landlords but rather, the past 2 years of rental history. Unless your income is predominately commission based or unless you're self employed, paystubs are typically sufficient - not tax returns. We also perform a background & credit check. Welcome to Charlotte! Let me know if I can help.
This is rather extreme for a rental. Most firms or services in our market verfiy employment, credit history, criminal background, and previous rental or mortgage history( evictions or foreclosures). You may just want to ask again if a verification of employment letter is sufficient otherwise i would try another company or firm. Let me know if I can be or further assistance. Good Luck! And I know you will love Charlotte once you get settled.
Your best answer is going to come from the property management group that manages the complex you would like to live in. Different companies have different renting criteria for renters.
That seems very extreme for Charlotte. Most rental companies will just run a rent check to check your criminal background, any issues with eviction and then they will run a credit check. They also will call a couple of your past landlords. Most would love to get an employment letter..
I would try another rental company. I'm sure you can find a place without that sort of requirement.