Rentals in Fort Worth>Question Details

leaselooker, Renter in Fort Worth, TX

Finding a Nice Rental in Last Year of Bankruptcy

Asked by leaselooker, Fort Worth, TX Sun Jun 17, 2012

I am looking for a rental in the DFW area in the $1100-1350 range. I want a nice, safe rental house. I have a long stable employment history, but am in the last year of a bankruptcy due to a divorce. How can I find a great rental with a below average credit score?

Answers

1
It may take a little searching but you can still find rental if you filed bankruptcy. You may want to determine what part of town you at willing to move to first. This way you can determine if your rent range is right for the area.

You need to know that landlords will require double te security deposit due to your credit in most scenarios. So make sure you have the money saved.
You want to be up front with the landlord and the agent you work with otherwise you can waste a small fortune in application fees.
Make sure you earn well over the amount requires to live in the property. You gross monthly income should be at least 3 times the rent.
Get rental references in order. Make sure you have pervious landlords vouch for you. If you owned and your mortgage was paid on time bring proof of payment receipts.

Good luck. Renting after bankruptcy can be done but you need to have all all your stuff in order.
Chris Hutchinson
REALTOR
Chris Hutchinson Real Estate
The Michael Group
972.809.0607
http://www.chrishutchinsonrealestate.com