Rentals in 19134>Question Details

Niecytown38, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

Evicting a incarcerated tenant

Asked by Niecytown38, Philadelphia, PA Thu Jan 24, 2013

Hi, I have a tenant who has not paid rent, and I have just been informed by his wife who does not live at the property that he is renting from me that he is incarcerated. Now, I did my homework to confirm that this is even true, and yes, the person has been in prison since November...I have emailed him during that time, called the cell number on file, and stopped by the property and person was never home. Can I evict him at this point? His crime is not light I should say and I don't know how long he'll be there as according to the information listed he'll be going to court again next month. Can I legally send notice to the prison as well as to the property to cover my self.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 19134

Answers

1
Have you called the DA's office? Why not just file for a hearing in Landlord Tenant Court for evection since you have not recieved rent. Please call me 215-725-5700 X49

Philip J. Cunningham Sr
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia,PA 19152
215-725-5700X49
Web Reference: http://www.GreatPaRE.com