Rentals in Chicago>Question Details

Dani, Renter in Chicago, IL

Dog friendly in Roscoe Village?

Asked by Dani, Chicago, IL Tue Jul 2, 2013

I am trying to find an apartment in Roscoe Village that accepts small dogs (under 12lbs). I have a budget of up to $1350 but my search has yielded few results. I've worked with a realtor, searched various sites, and walked around the neighborhood looking for rental signs. Are there other venues that I am missing?

1 vote Share Flag Rentals in Chicago

Answers

6
Dani,

Sounds like you are pretty much covering all of your available options. Unfortunately having a dog, even a small one, eliminates a good deal of options. If possible to expand your area that could lead to finding an acceptable apartment. Also, make sure that your Realtor is running a daily search for your criteria so if something comes on the market you can move on it.

Best of luck.
There are some out there. Get a good leasing agent to help you out. Its free to use their services.
Web Reference: http://Americorpre.com
Dani,

You may want to expand you search and look into other neighborhoods as well. Finding apartments for dogs can be difficult. Didn't any other Realtor ask you to expand you search?
Thanks for your response. Roscoe Village is my preference but it really just important to be south of Irving Park and east of Western for the sake of my commute. The majority of listings I'm getting from my realtor have been Ravenswood and Lincoln Square. I love those neighborhoods but commuting wise, they are a bit tough for me.
Flag Wed Jul 3, 2013
Dani,

What challenges are you encountering?

Sohail A. Salahuddin | Broker Associate I Visionary
Innovative Property Consultants Team l Sales and Leasing
Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty
425 W. North Ave. | Chicago, IL 60610
O: 312.929.1565 | C: 312.437.7799 | F: 847.805.6030
"Local Experts, Global Reach"
Finding listings has been the challenge. There have been a few garden units available but I definitely don't want to live in a garden. Otherwise, the other properties listed rent really quickly or don't allow dogs.
Flag Tue Jul 2, 2013
Greetings Dani,

There are a few rentals in the area that meet your criteria.

Feel free to contact me.

What is your time frame for moving?
Web Reference: http://www.bjdhomes.com
August 1st or 15th is when I am looking to move.
Flag Tue Jul 2, 2013
try Trulia!! ;-)
You can search here and see what they have available.
Yes, I've definitely been searching Trulia along with other sites! There's just not much available!
Flag Tue Jul 2, 2013