Rentals in Westwood>Question Details

Maeder.yvonne, Other/Just Looking in Los Angeles, CA

Does the price for rentals include the garage?

Asked by Maeder.yvonne, Los Angeles, CA Sun Sep 18, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Westwood

Answers

4
Yvonne most places do include the garage, but for clarification ask the landlord/management company about the amenities offered..
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 18, 2011
Yvonne,

I concur with Deborah and Jane. Somewhere in the advertising for the rental should include all the amenities the owner is offering.

Of course you would ask them what they are offering with the rental for clarification. Plus I would recommend you have the owner or their representative show you where the parking is for the rental you are interested in renting. If the representative is unsure, do make sure you call them back for confirmation of the parking loacation. Do not forget to ask them about permit/restricted parking either for yourself and your guests. There are many areas of Westwood and in Los Angeles that do require permit parking certain times of the day and it is normal and customary for the tenant to pay for the parking permit.

Best of Success to you.
Deborah pretty much answered the question. Generally a description of the place you are renting will include number of parking spaces and if so the parking is included in the rent. These spaces are not necessarily in a community garage, and most often will not be in a private garage. Many of them can be at the side of the building and may or may not be covered. If parking is important then make sure you know what you are getting.
Web Reference: http://www.homejane.com
Hi Yvonne;
The best answer is "usually, but it depends".
Most single family homes in Westwood have garages, due to city regulations. Unless the owner is reserving use of all or part of the garage for his own personal storage (which is RARE), parking off street will be included.
Newer apartments also must provide parking, which is generally included in the rental price. What you may find, in older apartments, or unusual rentals, such as guest houses, cottages, etc. is that no garage or off street parking is include. This is also often the case on rooms for rent or shared rentals.
There is no law that says the landlord must provide parking, but the availability and inclusion of parking must be specified in the lease in order to protect your parking rights.
Deborah Bremner
The Bremner Group at Coldwell Banker
REALTOR, 00588885, ABR, CDPE, eAgent, CSP, SFR, HRC, CRE
(O) 310-571-1364 DIRECT
(D) 818.564.6591
http://www.thebremnergroup.com
Accredited Buyer Representative|Certified Distressed Property Expert |Pre-Foreclosure Specialist Certified
I want you to know that I appreciate any referrals from friends and associates who may be in the market to buy or sell real estate. You can count on me giving them the same high-quality service I provide to all of my clients.