Rentals in Anthem>Question Details

Maggie Fega, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Does renting a home with an extended lease lower the monthly rental terms/price?

Asked by Maggie Fega, New York, NY Mon May 5, 2014

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Anthem

Answers

2
If it doesn't then you are renting from the wrong landlord. If they are unwilling to negotiate at that, then they will end up being a pain again at some other point, I can guarantee that. I am going through a situation where I thought that it would be alright, and that I was just ensuring that I would have a house for a minimum of 2 years, now I have a house that is falling apart around me, and there is nothing he does about it, and my lease is no where near over and he wants me to move out so he can sell. I take care of this house to the best of my abilities and keep this house running, he profits without fixing nothing.

Lesson learned.
That depends on the owner. Some owners will discount the rental price if there is a 2 year or longer lease. If the area is very popular and rentals go quickly, negotiating the price is not very likely.