Rentals in Cliffside Park>Question Details

Afifi,  in Cliffside Park, NJ

Does anyone know how much section 8 approves for a 4 bdrm in cliffside park?

Asked by Afifi, Cliffside Park, NJ Sat Jan 23, 2010

Answers

2
Afifi,

From my understanding, a landlord cannot charge a Section 8 tenant more than FMR and cannot accept payments outside the contract which would cause the total rent to exceed FMR. This should help you with FMR for Bergen County: http://www.huduser.org/portal/datasets/fmr/fmrs/FY2010_code/…

Hope that information helps you.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Prudential NJ Properties
973-715-1158 cell
973-992-6363 ext 116 office
Gina.Chirico@PrudentialNewJersey.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 23, 2010
Hi Afifi
I am an investor as well as a Broker. I have section 8 tenants. The way it works is section 8 will pay a specific amount for the unit. The tenant normally has some out of pocket to pay in addition to the amount that section 8 will cover each month (they are normally employed if not welfare normally picks up the balance)The amount that the tenant is allowed to pay out of pocket is determined by section 8. You can contact section 8 by phone and they will let you know what's the maximum that they will allow for a 4 bedroom. The normal proceedure is that the tenant has you fill out paperwork and they are told by section 8 if the amount is approved. Hope that is helpful. Contact me if you have additional questions.

Andrea Gizzo
Broker Associate
Prominent Properties Sothebys
andrea.gizzo@sothebysrealty.com