Rentals in 60612>Question Details

Stolberg.jill, Home Buyer in Bartlett, IL

Does anyone know anything about the Humboldt Park area East side, specifically right on California ave. across from the park?

Asked by Stolberg.jill, Bartlett, IL Thu May 30, 2013

I was approved for an apartment in Humboldt park for a june 1st lease. We have to sign by tomorrow, but we have a few concerns before signing since we know so little about the area. We have a small dog I am worried about leaving him alone and have been told by many people it is not safe to walk at night if we wanted to walk over to the wicker park bar scene some nights. If anyone with experience in a similar situation or knows a lot of the area I would love some insight to help us make our decision to sign !! :) I appreciate the help!!!

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 60612

Answers

9
I would like to recommend that you utilize my free website at http://www.idealhomesinchicagoland.com. You will be able to search for properties throughout Chicago and the surrounding areas. My website features up to date information, so you will not be finding homes and properties that are no longer available like on some of the realty websites that you may be using. My website also offers an array of neighborhood and market information that can help you make your determination on homes and locations. My featured partners are industry leaders that can assist you in making any realty transaction easy and transparent. I welcome you to utilize this amazing tool. As always I will be available to answer any questions that you may have.
As a former Humboldt Park resident of many years, I am a legally allowed to tell you that there are many dogs that utilize the park from the California side. You will notice one breed is dominant but all breeds are welcome. There are also a handful of Wicker Park establishments that allow dogs so you can walk down North Ave or Division street with your small dog and then bring him to the stool with you. Finally, if you decide you must leave your dog alone, it is a good idea to leave a window open so your dog can enjoy the splendors of Humboldt Park despite the still unproven fears of marauding militias who actively kidnap small dogs for fighting, the underground pet market, and overseas delicacies.
Only you know what will work for you! NO real estate agent can give you the insight you seek. Some things to must learn / experience for yourself!
TO LEARN ANY AREA:
1. Walk and drive the area at all times of the day and night. (Weekdays and weekends). Who is out and what are they doing. Take into account the weather.
2. Go to local stores & restaurants. See who is shopping and eating in the area. Are the types of shops, grocery stores and restaurants they type you want in your neighborhood.
3. Evaluate if the area meets YOUR needs.
4. You can't ask anyone to do the basic research for you.

Did you compare your housing options in the area? It sounds like you were assigned this location as no others were available. Is sounds like there are other factors you are subject to making the answer to your question more impossible.
get up and walk over to the home your about to rent and grow up and do some research..your acting like a kid.. this is adult life..you have to look into things and not run to the internet
Condescending comments are not appreciated nor professional. Please do not waste everyones time responding in the future.
Also, a note to all those who posted I do truly appreciate the in-sight, however, we did go and view the apartment and neighborhood multiple times. I just wanted to gain as much and information and hear others opinions who have experience living in the area. Thanks!
Flag Tue Jun 4, 2013
Call me 773-914-5309. I live close by.
Jill,

Walk the area during different parts of the day and evening and judge for yourself. Also contact the local police precinct.
Only you know whats best for you. Check out the area yourself. We cant comment on safety.
Web Reference: http://AmericorpRe.com
Take a drive , park you car and walk around the area
It may be too late, but go and walk around the area at different times of the day and night to see if it is to your liking.