Rentals in North Hollywood>Question Details

Mstporter90, Renter in 91605

Does anyone know a good yet affordable R.E. attorney? Preferably located in the East Valley Area (Sherman Oaks, Studio City, NoHo...Encino).

Asked by Mstporter90, 91605 Thu Sep 15, 2011

I am having legitimate issues with the owner and manager of the apartment complex in which I live. The tricky part is the building is in escrow, so I now I am dealing with the soon to be owner as well as the current owner.

Below I have listed some of the key components of my situation.

* Never rec'd a copy of my rental agreement and when I did, the manager pulled a bait and switch, adding specific dates (12 month lease) to what was originally a month to month

* Pests, Pests, Pests! This is beyond a roach here and there. This place is infested and should brought to the attention of the health department.

* I was given a unit in which the previous occupant killed someone and fled. I found this out when the police came to my door looking for him!!!!!!!

* Met the soon to be owner the other day, he was shocked when he heard that I paid a security deposit. He said that the current owner is claiming to not have taken any deposits! Uh-oh.

The lawyer gets to hear the rest.

I don't know any specific in that area but a good website to check out is . I usually use Bartsch and Webb for my real estate issues but I believe they are based in Hollywood and Manhattan Beach but they could still assist you as well.
David Rendall is very good.