Rentals in 19106>Question Details

Josh Buchter, Real Estate Pro in Philadelphia, PA

Does anyone have apartments for rent that do not require a credit check? It would be great for my clients going through the credit repair process.

Asked by Josh Buchter, Philadelphia, PA Fri Mar 8, 2013

Philadelphia Rentals

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 19106

Answers

4
David Siegel’s answer
I've rented apartments for almost 30 years. And while I've never been more cynical or jaded, there are management companies and landlords that make their decision wholly on verifiable income, (go to my blog phillyhousingco.wordpress to see my rant on verifiable income), and landlord references.
But in general poor credit does limit the choice of opportunuties. and in general the housing that is available without a credit report or poor credit is less desirable. call me David Siegel, sole proprietor at David Siegel Real Estate if your prospects have truly verifiable income and good current landlord reference. I have decent 3 bedroom houses for arround $850-$900 in SW and west Philadelphia
802-338-1307
Thanks for the information, David. It was a pleasure speaking with you today. You're just the guy I was looking for. I will send you my clients looking for housing granted they have verifiable income and a landlord reference.
Flag Fri Mar 8, 2013
Yes, apparently. My landladies will move you in with no background/credit check, verification of employment, or security deposit/first and last. Just waiting for an ax murderer to get moved in here.
well put fred lets be serious
Thanks!
Flag Fri Mar 8, 2013
Yea, sure. The same people that 125% no doc mortgages.

Seriously?

Why would someone rent to someone who has a history of bad credit unless they can prove otherwise unless it was a place where no one else wanted to live and the owner was desperate.

We in the real estate world are also suspicious of someone wanting to pay a year in advance.

That usually means there is something wrong.

Fred
Thank you for your input, Fred.

Anyhow, I'm just trying to help families find a safe place to stay in Philadelphia. Proof of income would naturally be provided for the rentals, should the landlord or management company be willing to work with tenants who have less than perfect credit.
Flag Fri Mar 8, 2013