Rentals in North Oak Park>Question Details

Raul Ramirez, Other/Just Looking in Sacramento, CA

Do the tenants also pay for electricity and gas?

Asked by Raul Ramirez, Sacramento, CA Wed May 29, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3066050009--37th-St-2500-Sacram…

Answers

7
Thank you everyone I was mostly just interested on the property that's linked. As
Jim mentioned the price and possible perks are what initially sparked my interest. I am going to try and contact the owner I was hoping they would be the ones commenting.
By the way this is a little side bar, I just came back from school where I was living in a 4 bed 4 bath suite that paid for gas and electricity except their was a limit and once that limit was passed the tenants were responsible for the difference. I am sure she added that to the bill we paid every month and if the utility's bill is any lower the rest is just change for the owner.
Once again, thank you everyone for the assistance.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 30, 2013
Good point, Jim. Personally, it would be too much of a gamble for me, since you have no control over usage.

And scallejas, I would rather pay sewer and garbage myself, for my rentals, as these costs are levied on the property. If not paid, they turn into a lien on the property. You could build these costs into the rent amount, but be careful to not exceed market rental value or you're not going to get anyone to rent your property.

Rick Otto and Associates
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
(916) 484-0955
rick@rickotto.com
Web Reference: http://www.rickotto.com
All utilities are the tenenats responsabilit, including sewer water and garvage.
This might not be a typical rental. I clicked on the link. They are asking $2275 for 2 bedroom 1 bath.
There was furniture in the pictures which implies furnished. Nicely furnished houses often rent for more than unfurnished houses and may or may not include extra perks like cable, internet service, utilities etc. So Rick and Jaime and Raul" This might be an exception to the normal.
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
Hello Raul,

Thank you for your question. Yes, the tenants pay for the SMUD and PG& E.
Typically, gas and electricity is paid by the tenant. I only know of one case, in South Lake Tahoe where the rent included gas and electricity. And that was to the benefit of the tenant, being so cold in Tahoe, and needing so much heat. That contract didn't last long. As a property manager and a rental owner myself, I would not agree to pay PG&E and SMUD for the tenants.

Rick
Hello Raul

Typically tenants pay for their own gas and electricity. Try calling the contact also to get more info. Good luck!