Rentals in Pittsburgh>Question Details

Mary Ann Mcf…, Renter in Pittsburgh, PA

Do renters in Pittsburgh accept someone with a chapter 7? Im from DE and they do accept as long as you have the discharge papers.

Asked by Mary Ann Mcfarland, Pittsburgh, PA Wed Apr 10, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental-community/9000027952/Whitehall-…

Answers

1
Harry Stine’s answer
Mary,

There is many renters in the PGH area that will accept a chapter 7. Most renters or property owners are very much in the same position as someone with a chapter 7. i work with a few Property owners that have no issue accepting a chapter 7 bankruptcy discharge as long as the income and verifiable and your able to pay the rent. Please feel free to contact me if you need any help.
Hi Harry, thanks for your quick response. I live in Delaware, and my daughter is relocating with her boyfriend to PItts, he is going to be going to Point Park Uni. I am in the position to move also, there is not much here, that I can afford. My income is not high, I am on SSDI, but I can work part time if I can find it, here in DE its been rough. I understand the rents are low up there. I have no debt, except for my car payment. I can afford about a 500. a month rent. I know thats low if not impossible maybe, I am looking for a 1 bedroom, not a studio, near downtown area. I believe my daughter and her boyfriend will have help finding a place from his instructor, but if not, I could give them your name. Is there any hope for myself? I have good references also.
Thank you!
Mary Ann
Flag Thu Apr 11, 2013