Rentals in Annapolis>Question Details

Karen Y. Hod…, Renter in Maryland

Considering Moving To Maryland

Asked by Karen Y. Hodge, Maryland Sat Jun 23, 2012

My husband I are from New York and we have been living In South Carolina for the past two years.Our lease Is up In The end Of December and we are considering moving back up north but not back to New York.What parts of Maryland are Nice and affordable? How Is the Job market there?

Answers

12
Hi Karen:

MD is a wonderful place to live and has much to offer from the Mountains in western Maryland to the Atlantic Ocean in the eastern portion of the state. In the middle of MD lies one of the greatest places to live in MD; Annapolis. Annapolis is an historic gem of a town with many shops, restaurants, parks, entertainment venues and a terrific range of living options, all situated on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay. Thirty minutes to both DC and Baltimore provide infinite employment possibilities. Check out my website and peruse the area's neighborhoods.
Hi Karen , Maryland is a great place to reside and the job market is one of the best in the country, I moved here from Long Island 36 years ago and still enjoy it's diversity. What is your preference ? Do you enjoy country living, the city life, the mountains, or having access to the ocean or rivers ? Maryland has something for everyone. Please feel free to access my website to search for potential properties and other information and contact me directly if you have specific questions.

http://tmcmahon.exitlandmark.com/
Wow... You might have just sold me! lol I really would love to move here, anyway, but the way you described it... I have to move there now. I'm from Michigan, so it's not too far.
Flag Wed Feb 4, 2015
We have a lot of affordable homes in the counties of Prince Georges, Montgomery. St. Mary's, Anne Arundel and Howard County. All these counties have the home to fit your budget. All these location have great shopping areas and fantastic employment opportunities.

So please check out my website: http://michaelfitzgeraldjohnson.kwrealty.com/ and if you actually need some details listings please email: michaelfjohnson@kw.com
Funny you will ask what is affordable As is;I i was just watching a TV show were in Boston a professional just bought her first home for a mere 935K. Like a row town home 2 bedrooms and two baths no garage with a nice cute small yardthat for Boston is huge.
The next purchase was in Pittsburg were for 135K a couple boutha large brick home. This was the first time I saw a realisitic purchase were they even talked and showed an inpection and repairs needy went back and forwarded for 3K in repairs. The next show a couple risked loosing their dream home for a mere 5k when the home was listed for 345K. and their budget was 340 and she Sat in the price.

Any way the bottom line is that every thing with regards to affordable depends on the location and your personal finances and what is "Nice" depends on what you like.
So if you call me, we can talk about options, likes and dislikes. 410-672-3699.
Best of luck
Annapolis is simply a great town! It has a small town feel while providing access to 2 major Metro areas, DC and Baltimore. In addition, the joys of the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries are a step away. Annapolis is an historic jewel. Every day I wake up glad that I live in this beautiful town!
Hi Karen-

I responded to your question earlier but wanted to add that Southern Maryland- Calvert County, Charles County, and parts of Anne Arundel County and PG County are very affordable- Let me know what price range you may be looking at and what your dream list is and I can email you possibilites.
Hello Karen,

NY and SC are two great states to live in. There are many parts of Maryland that are great to live in. I am not sure if you all lived in the city while in NY but Bethesda is nice and it has the most restaurants per sq foot then any city.

While leaving in SC I am not sure if you were staying on the water like John Island, but if you do like the water Annapolis and its surrounding areas are very nice.
there are many areas that are wonderful to live in. Call me if you need any help or visit my site.
In NY we lived In the Bronx and SC we live In North Charleston.
Flag Sun Jun 24, 2012
Hi Karen,

If you are considering the Annapolis area, call me. I would be more than happy to find you your new home. Have a great weekend! 301-906-5623
I agree with Kathy.. The market is rather strong in MD due to military bases, DC, Baltimore and Annapolis.. I am located in Anne Arundel County.. There are of course many things to consider when selecting a location, do you have children, where will your employment be, what neighborhood attributes are important to you.. Most importantly, what is affordable to you?

In order to determine what neighborhoods and or parts of MD will be be suitable, I would be happy to have an informal phone consultation with you to determine where, when and how much will work best for you and your husband.
410-841-8295.. cell.
michele.monti@cbmove.com
Most areas outside of the DC are affordable but that is all relative. I would suggest to anyone buying a home to know what you need/want the monthly mortgage payment to be, know what amount of downpayment you have and then go from there. As to where to live there are so many great areas of MD it's tough to get an idea. of where to start. I would start looking on some websites. One I like is http://www.choicerealestate.net

Depending on your price range that could impact your choices also as different counties have different loan limits. If you ever want to chat I would be more than happy to try and get you started.

Brent Mendelson
1st Mariner Mortgage
Nmls#111407
I think the Maryland job market is much better than then other
states because of the proximity to military bases and the federal government. There are many counties in Maryland that are beautiful- call me and I will discuss your needs and what counties best match those needs- 301-785-1995- I live on the Patuxent River in Maryland and have lived in Md for 25 years. Maryland is a hidden secret for real estate- I look forward to hearing from you!
What type of work do you and your husband do?
He has 10yrs plus In stage hand work but has been unable to find work In that area since we moved down here So he has been doing overnight stocking and construction work.I am a home maker.
Flag Sat Jun 23, 2012