Rentals in Houston>Question Details

fiearadreams, Renter in Houston, TX

Cannot find a place due to bad credit....options?

Asked by fiearadreams, Houston, TX Wed Aug 20, 2014

Horrific credit. High 500's. Good job and rental history. Misdemeanor criminal history almost 20 years ago Pay is 5-7000 a month. Current LL gave a little over a month to find a new place. We've been looking since the 15th of July. Unable to find a place that does not require x2 deposit and first month (a little over $4000 to move in). No other place to go.

We've either been denied, strung along until the agent found better tenants or we've heard nothing back.

Do we have any options here?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Houston

Help the community by answering this question:


Some landlords are willing to rent to you with bad credit, but may require more in deposit. If you are able to put up 2 months deposit, and the first month's rent, you may be able to get approved. If you are interest, I will help you get started with the application process and help you to locate a property. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly for more information.

Sabrina Ash, Realtor Associate
Citiwide Alliance Realtor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 4, 2014
Also look for places that might need for you do painting or fix up as part of your payment or deposits. I agree look in free advertising in your area. You might want to drive around the area and look for rental signs or vacant homes
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 24, 2014
Try looking in the Greensheet for by owners or Craigslist.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 21, 2014
Also we do not have a co-signer. In-laws said we could stay there but they changed their minds last minute (today).
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 20, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Texas > Harris County > Houston > Rentals in Houston > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer