Rentals in Columbus>Question Details

Kristen, Renter in Virginia Beach, VA

Can you negotiate a rental price?

Asked by Kristen, Virginia Beach, VA Tue Jan 1, 2013

If I am looking to rent a private property for a period of 1 years would I be able to negotiate the rental price?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Columbus

Answers

6
Regina Palmer’s answer
Always ask, all they can say is yes or no. Depends on the individual landlord or homeowner. We have a very strong rental market in my area, therefore rental properties are not available long.
You can definitely try to negotiate anything. I'm not sure about your market, but I can tell you many areas have extremely strong rental markets right now. This is due to a lack of building in the past few years and foreclosures turning many homeowners into renters. So, right now, many landlords are raising rents and not negotiating at all. It doesn't hurt to ask though.
You can try, but its really all up to the owner on what they are willing to accept.
That's great thank you for your answers and time.
Yes can negotiate a rental... Everything is negotiable, especially rents. Offer what you can afford and let the landlord respond.
Kristy,
You can offer what you want, but the landlord is not obligated to accept it or counter beyond the list price.