Rentals in Townsite>Question Details

Mark Elwell, Renter in Oceanside, CA

Can someone tell me how to get a response on a property. Is there a main number we can call.?

Asked by Mark Elwell, Oceanside, CA Sat Mar 30, 2013

Can someone tell me how to get a response on a property. Is there a main number we can call. I have sent 3 different notices on places and nothing back?

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3045055257-502-N-Myers-St-Ocean…

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Townsite

Answers

5
Voicemail usually works best. If you tell the prop mgr your credit score and rental history first, that really gets attention. The other thing is, if you tell them in your msg that you have a question about something that their ad answers they will not call you back. For instance if their ad says "Cat OK, No Dogs" and you call and say I have a two pound dog...it still doesn't make them a cat. If you give them a reason to not call you back in your voicemail, that's the problem.

We get Move Out Notices when rent comes in and immediately post an ad unless the place needs to be refurbished a lot...So, the first week of the month before you want to move in is critical. Have everything ready to go. If you can't find your social security card, it takes 30 minutes on El Camino Real near Oceanside Blvd. (Oceanside, CA) to apply for a replacement...go do it!

The other thing is, I screen HUNDREDS of phone calls, plus emails and texts on just two units...(actual count 432 before I found approved renters!) I get back to everyone. Some time spans are tricky because there is a group of applications in and the owner has not decided yet. We organize showings until things are rented but don't want to waste your time looking at something that is only 'technically' available if we have strong candidates in who have not signed a lease yet. If they fall out or back out, we are on the phone at least telling you it is play.

I don't charge an application fee...I don't need beer or rent money from people who will not qualify, I sleep VERY WELL at night. My application process requires computer skills and attention to detail. Ask questions, don't slow down the process. If you can't do that then get some help with it, I can not wait, ask for fix-its days later or hold anything, your place will be gone.

ALSO, before you call! Do your due diligence and look up the location on Google Maps, 'drive' the area on Google street view...look for burglar bars on the neighbor's houses, look for deferred maintenance, etc. Drive the area and listen for incessantly barking dogs or neighbors that are obnoxious or trashy.

This sounds too harsh, but, it does take so many phone calls, long conversations and time that it is absolutely the only way we can get a place rented that is good for you so you will stay a long time and thrive! And, so that our Owner does not have a revenue loss!

Hope this helps.~n
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 6, 2014
I know this is an old question, it keeps coming up...my hope is that it educates and accelerates the process renters follow so they can get settled and ENJOY OCEANSIDE!
Hello Mark. Please give me a call at 760-420-3526 and I will answer your questions. Thanks
http://listings.point2.com/1166162929/

Listing Agent: Danyel Brooks
Office: Beyond Property Management
Phone:(858) 344-6873
The listing agent's phone number is (858) 344-6873.