Rentals in San Antonio>Question Details

Christina Mo…, Home Owner in San Antonio, TX

Can anyone recommend a good, safe area with good elementry/ middle schools. Relocating to SA in july and not sure where to start looking.

Asked by Christina Moore, San Antonio, TX Mon Apr 30, 2012

Answers

12
I have a 2 story home in San Antonio that will be available for rent and does allow pets. It is only 5 minutes from UTSA and you have access to the "back way" in with minimal traffic. It is an excellent location and a very nice neighborhood. It has a large fenced back yard and a doggie door to the garage! If you want to contact Dynastar Property Management Inc, (210) 490-9570, speak with Thom or Jana Perdue
Christina,

I know that for many families finding a safe area and good schools are important. There is a resource that may be able to help you. Go to my website, http://www.HomesInSanAntonioOnline.com and under the Buyer / Seller info tab is Demographics. You can search by zipcode here and obtain a lot of information. It is a lot of Info, but you will have time. We also have a good property manager in our office, I could put you in contact with them if you would like.

I hope your move goes well.

San Antonio TX Real Estate Sales and Solutions – Johnny Morrow REALTOR The HomesInSanAntonioOnline.com Team is your dedicated real estate professional in the San Antonio TX area including Timberwood Park, Stone Oak, Cibolo / Schertz / Universal City, Alamo Ranch, Boerne, Helotes, Shavano Park, the Medical Center as well as the local Military bases of Randolph AFB, Fort Sam, and Lackland AFB. Protecting your equity is our number one priority. 210-897-2645
“Life isn’t about Finding Yourself, It’s about Creating Yourself”
Hi, Christina,

Since San Antonio is blessed with many safe neighborhoods and exemplary schools, you might start with where your new job will be located, and research commute times. Some areas with wonderful schools have daunting traffic at rush times.

Your best protection is to find a great agent who knows the area, who will take the time to listen to you and understand your concerns, and then help you to find a home that delights you.

Doc Stephens, REALTOR®
Our San Antonio community is blessed with good, safe school districts. I would recommend that you start your search criteria based on the price of the home you are looking for. From that price point, you would then search the different subdivisions/school districts. Each school district maintains their own website which educates parents and children and keeps everyone in the know. If I can be of service to you, please do not hesitate to call. Best wishes.
Hi Christina,

I would recommend living in the Great Northwest community on the Northside of San Antonio. Mainly a military community, the homes are great, schools are great, and the atmosphere is amazing. You always see families out with their children riding bikes, people exercising and couples strolling the beautiful tree lined streets. My parents have lived in this community for over 10 years and everytime I go home, I just love the feeling! Check it out: http://www.greatnorthwest.org/outside_home.asp

Andrea G. :)
I would recommend Stone Oak or surrounding areas of 281/1604, this community is still flourishing to this day, and it is now known for its wealth and top schools. Stone Oak San Antonio boasts many shopping areas and business parks, including the Village at Stone Oak, Rolling Oaks Mall, The Shops at La Cantera, The Rim and North-woods. The Shops at La Cantera include many high-end retailers, such as Dillard's, Neiman Marcus and Macy’s. There is a wide variety of Stone Oak real estate for every budget.
Good Luck,
Robert Lozano Jr
210-896-0237
USMC Veteran
Christina,

We have some outstanding schools in our districts that have many specialties in programs for academics and extra-curriculars. As a former teacher in the North East district, I continue to stay active with colleagues from all over and could give you some direct insight as to questions that align schools with the home youre looking for. Let me know if I can help you.

Michael Benavides
210-838-8633
You would love the Helotes area -- hill country living, great schools and safe and great shopping areas. Lived in San Antonio all my life and selling real estate for over 20yrs. Me and family live in Helotes and thats why I recommend it must see would love to send you homes to view online.
Hi Ms Moore, you can star your search at http://www.JoseSellsSanAntonio.com my first recommendation is to look is in the North sides of the City.
Questions? Please let me know.
Thanks and Good Luck!
Sincerely.
Christina,

Your question is the first one I get often and it depend on your budget and many other factors. Your kids are the most important factor to you so let me help you sort through the school ratings by area and I would be able to counsel you better once we know all your needs.

Lookijg to forward to serving your family,

Thom

Thom Perdue ABR, CRS
Texas Broker
RE/MAX Preferred
210-288-9344
thomperdue@remax.net
Christina

San Antonio is a great city with lots of safe and good areas. There are also lots of great schools, particularly elementary and middle schools. I would be happy to send you the school rating charts for the San Antonio area.

I have four children and they grew up in the San Antonio public school system on the North Central side and all have gone off to great colleges and one even to the Air Force Academy. I would be happy to discuss with you any of your concerns as well.

Please feel free to call or email me anytime.

Terri Saari, Realtor®
GRI, CNE, SFR, e-Pro, ABR, AHLS, CHMS, CNHS
Certified Relocation Specialist
Retired United States Air Force
Kimberly Howell Properties
21252 Gathering Oak, Ste 100, San Antonio TX 78260
210-887-3477 Cell
210-493-6888 Office
210-493-7002 Fax
http://www.WelcomeHomeToSA.com
Christina,

There are quite a few good areas in town. To give you the best response though would require some idea of your job location, budget, and lifestyle. I like the area outside loop 1604 between Bandera Rd on the West and Blanco Rd on the East. It has good schools, is in an affordable price range, and is very convenient to many important features like shopping, entertainment, and major employers.

Depending on your budget, you may also like Alamo Heights. It has some of the best schools in the city. There are plenty of other choices as well. Call me if you would like some help.

Troy Beck, GRI
Home Team of America
Troy@Zenmaestro.com
210-859-6852