Rentals in Bensonhurst>Question Details

any.tanvir, Renter in 11214

Can anyone provide an estimate on heat and hot water costs for 3 bedroom apartments? I understand it will vary by usage, but an estimate would help

Asked by any.tanvir, 11214 Tue Apr 29, 2014

Answers

2
It can vary a great deal depending on the type of heating system: forced hot air? Circulating hot water? How well is the building insulated? Ceiling heights, are there separate zones to control the heat?
Hot water is generally what really pushes up gas bills, how many people will be taking showers? how much laundry, dishwashing? I have seen one tenants bills be 200% more than another for the same amount of space in the same building. Calling National Grid to see how much the prior occupants use was, does not help if you do not know more about how they lived in the space.
Yours,
Kathryn Lilly
Realty on the Greene, LLC
718-858-7600
KLilly@RealtyontheGreene.com
This is a hard one to answer, as costs for both very by occupant and usage... The best thing you can do is call the utility company and see if they can give you an estimate format he pervious year. At least this will give you a ball park idea of the costs.

Good luck and I hope this helps!