Rentals in 10026>Question Details

LaverneLeona…, Home Owner in New York, NY

Can I rent our my furnished apartment for less than 6 months in NYC?

Asked by LaverneLeonard, New York, NY Wed Apr 3, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 10026

Answers

14
Joelle Larroche’s answer
Hi Leonard,
I am a real estate broker in Manhattan specialize in rentals. I can enquire with your management if your building would allow a 6 month rental and if so, find great tenants, all this at no cost for you ( my commission would be paid by the tenant). Please contact me now at joelle.larroche@elliman.com Best, Joelle
You can rent it if your building allows it. Are you renting or own.
Please contact me for assistance. My name is John and I can be reached at 516-864-6633. Thank you and good luck.
you can do this if your building allows rentals less than 12 months. Also the answer depends on whether you own or rent - rental probably requires your landlord's prior consent.
Yes we are the major player:
http://www.nycshortlease.com
Or
You may email us at contact with your dates,budget,location and size of apartments.
Yes we are the major player:
http://www.nycshortlease.com
Or
Of course you can as long as it is more than 30 days. Less than that and it can be considered a hotel type of situation. Feel free to contact me as I just helped a young professional rent a furnished apartment last week and I have a list of contacts looking to rent furnished apartments as well. I can help you rent that place and get top dollar while having a well screened qualified candidate. Feel free to contact me at ddelrio@aclawrence.com or call/text at 646-229-9045

David Del Rio
http://www.aclawrence.com/1487
Yes you can rent for 6 month rental, every building is different, but most of the time you can rent. Also check out Furnished Quarters.

Nick A. Agostinelli
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
office 212.729.5712 EXT. 144
fax212.922.0015
353 Lexington Avenue, Fifth Floor
New York, NY 10016
ELEGRAN
Real Estate & Development
http://www.elegran.com
Hello Laverne,

The answer is "Yes" But "No"... To be specific. You can not "Legally" do a short term rental in NYC for less than 30 days as per the new rules and regulations. The next questions you need to ask is if you building will allow you to sublet your property on a short term basis. Most buildings in NYC have in theirs by-laws that rentals be a minimum of a 1 year lease. Some allow 6 to 3 months rentals.

I was featured in NY Times speaking on behalf of the Short Term Rental Market. I have included a link to the article below.....

I hope I was able to answer your question. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any further questions, and good luck on getting your place rented!

Paul Macapagal
paul.macapagal@townrealestate.com
917 612 2746
Yes, if the building allows it....
Please contact me. My name is Tanuja and I can be reached at 347-882-0353. Thank you and good luck.
Yes, furnished rents are in high demand especially for late spring/end of summer term. Depending on the location, pricing right is very important! I do have clients looking to rent starting June 1st. Feel free to contact me, and it would be my pleasure helping you rent your unit to qualified tenants.

Gabriella Oros
City Connections Realty
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
gabriella@ccrny.com
917-617-5404
Buildings differ. You need to check the building policy.
Hi Laverne. The answer is Yes. I represent landlords like yourself for short term rentals. I would be happy to discuss it with you. Please call me at 347-984-0416. I look forward to speaking with you.