Rentals in Philadelphia>Question Details

Rachel Ellis…, Renter in 19154

Can I rent a house or apartment with bad credit?

Asked by Rachel Ellison, 19154 Tue Aug 27, 2013

I really need my own apartment or house to rent but my credit is bad. Me and my fiancé both have jobs and are able to pay $600-800 a month. I'm pregnant and really need to be moved in before the baby comes in March, 2014. Can anyone give me any information on what to do? Thank you.

Answers

3
Hi Rachel,

Many people have imperfect credit these days. I may be able to help you depending on how bad the negative trade lines appear on your credit report. As long as you have no unpaid eviction judgements on your record, no PECO, PGW utilities in collections, I can often get applications approved.

You should be prepared to answer the standard question: "Well, you say you are both working, can afford your monthly bills. So then why is your credit so bad? Why haven't you paid these bills that are negatively affecting your credit?" As long as these can be answered with reasonably sensical answers, most Landlords will try to work with you.

Please feel free to call me directly to discuss your situation and give me your e-mail address so I can send you available rental listings that fit your needs.

Have a great Labor Day Weekend. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Larry Lichtman
Realtor, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
CELL/Text: (267) 254-7994

Liberty Real Estate Associates
924 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Office: (215) 625-4725
Do to the current financial collapse most people have "bad credit"

You are not the only one this is not a huge obstacle to renters anymore landlords want to make money off there property an empty property means no money so most are not pushing the whole credit issue most of them have bad credit also. Find multiple agents to help you find a property the first one to find it gets paid. may GOD bless you
Hey I can help you and your fiancé find a place well before that. Just let me know what area you are looking for and we can start from there